Chapter 35: Begin Again pt. 1

So this is pretty short but it puts me where I need to be with this story. I been goin through hell the last couple weeks. My emotions are pretty much all over the place, but I decided to upload and let ya'll know that I still love and cherish each and every one of you <3. Enjoy. -Rae

-Kyra-

"What about us?" Dre asked, his eyebrow cocked. I took a deep breath before I answered.

"I wanna try us again... see where this goes. If it works, then we'll know we were meant to be but if it doesn't, we'll know we were only meant to be friends." I said, watching his facial expressions carefully. He mirrored my expression, searching my eyes for sincerity, I assumed.

"Okay... but you gotta promise me somethin, Ky. If we break up, we can't distance ourselves from each other. Whether this works or not, our friendship needs to remain intact."  he said. I smiled at him.

"Promise."

#3 months later...

"They've taken hollywood by storm! Described as the new generation's Kanye & KimK, we here at Access Hollywood have the only exclusive interveiw with hollywood's newest power couple, Dre Jones and Ky Ford. Watch as they tell us the adorable story of how they were each other's first loves, tonight on Access Hollywood."

I muted the TV and pulled out my phone, dialing Dre's number.

"Wassup, babe?"

"Guess what I'm watching!" I exclaimed, happily. I heard him chuckle on the other end.

"The interveiw?" he guessed, already knowing.

"No fair," I pouted, "you were supposed to let me win." This earned another chuckle from him.

"Babe, haven't you heard? All is fair in love and war." he said, chuckling at himself. I rolled my eyes playfully although he couldn't see over the phone. Under all his coolness, Dre was such a dork. His corny jokes were endless.

"Whatever. But that's not the only reason I called though." I said, standing from my seated position on his cream leather sofa and walking across the living room to the kitchen to grab some mail.

"I think you got some important papers from Nike today. It might be about your endorsement deal. You want me to send them to you or Larry?" I asked him. Larry was his lawyer and Dre trusted him to handle all his deals and legal information. Me being the good girlfriend that I was, I was house-sitting until Dre got back in town from his away game in. While he was away, I pretty much held down the fort, sending him his important mail and making sure nobody robbed the place. Although technically, I was pretty much living here anyways. I spent most nights here, whether he was in town or not, and I had my own closet filled to the brim with my expensive taste in fashion. It was my condo about as much as it was his.

"I'll have Larry pick it up later. What you gettin into tonight?" he asked as I was leaving the kitchen. I huffed.

"Nada. Was supposed to do an appearance at some party but it got canceled. I'll probably just chill on Netflix."

"Get on skype, I miss seein yo face." he said making me grin from ear to ear.

"Aww, you miss me?"

"That's what I said, punk." he chuckled and hung up. I kissed my teeth and walked to the bedroom, ploppin down on the bed and pulling my Mac inbetween my legs before I opened it and pulled up Skype. As soon as I changed my status from "invisible" to "online" he video called me.