Chapter 8: Welcome To The Hood Pt.1

De'Andre POV:

I was walkin down the hallway after leavin the parkin lot, mad as fuck. I really couldn't believe Kyra actually just got into the car with a complete stranger. I stopped at my locker and put away my books that I couldn't put away because of bein distracted by Nicole. Nicole was NEVER, I REPEAT NEVER my girlfriend. We've never even fucked. She gave me head ONE TIME and thought she was about to be my new girl. Hell nah. But it didn't take me long to figure out that she wasn't givin up without a fight. She had been pretty persistent, blowin up my phone and leavin me love letters and shit, and yeah, I've let her suck me up a couple more times, just because she was always beggin to and because, despite the fact that she was crazy as fuck, she had the tightest head game I'd ever experienced. But she was never considered wifey material to me. That title had always been exclusive to Kyra. I always thought Kyra was the perfect girl as far as the way she thought, acted and just how she was. She was a lot different than other girls and even though she was girly, she could kick it with me and my niggas and never be a nuisance. She knew about sports and didn't mind when we talked about females or just normal shit dudes talk about. She was cool like that and I never looked at her sexually or romantically at all. She was my best friend, actually, even closer than that. She was my sister...... but everything just up and changed when were about 15. We was just startin freshman year and we had P.E. together. She walked out of the locker room in some short shorts and a sports bra and all the niggas went crazy. At first it wasn't a big deal to me because I had seen her wear that exact same thing when we played basket ball sometimes, but seein other dudes talk about how sexy she looked and how they wanted to fuck her, made me pissed but at the same time, made me notice her a little different. For the first time, I had impure thoughts about the girl who I considered my sister. At first, I felt like a sick-minded bastard. I mean, this girl was like a play sister to me and here I am thinkin sexual thoughts about her. It was like play insest. But the more I thought about it, the more I realized.... she wasn't my REAL sister and I had actually always had a little thing for her. I hated when dudes looked at her a certain way and I hated when she looked at another dude a certain way. I always wanted her attention on me when she was around and if it wasn't, I was not a happy camper. But I always thought that she would never go with me, just for the simple fact that she always called me her brother. That's actually how we introduced people to each other. She'd always say I was her brother and I'd always say she was my sister. That's just how it was. That's how I thought it always would be. And I refused to mess up the extremely strong bond we had just because I thought that maybe I liked her. It just wasn't worth it.

But that was easier said than done. To try and get over the fact that I was startin to fall in love with my best friend, I became a player, if that's what you wanna call it. I just started messin with hella girls, and although I was still fallin in love with Kyra, I fucked countless girls, just to get the thought of her out of my mind 24/7, nah, as a matter of fact, 25/8. There isn't a moment of the day that Kyra ain't on my mind. It's been like that since that day in Gym class. And as we gre older, my feelings grew deeper and she grew more beautiful but, to my dismay, we grew apart a little. Bein a player kind of upped my status and I was invited to everybody and they mama's party and bein a ladies man, along with bein sexy, if I do say so myself, made me popular, I guess. Kyra wasn't exactly a geek but she wasn't exactly popular either. She was sort of popular by association. She never went to parties, went on big group outings to the mall or the movies, or even to school functions. She was a homebody, whcih sort of made me like her even more. She was completely focused on school and book-smart female is one of the most attractive things in the world. Kyra wasn't completely lame either. She could dance like nobody's business and she could sing too. It was her idea to start the little group her and my sister and Mia are in. She was a natural born performer and I could tell she liked it. But I think what she was most passionate about was fashion. Nerdy homebody or not, Kyra without a doubt has the best swag of any other girl in our school, PERIOD. She puts all these females to shame. She constantly changes up her swag and she can rock anything, from a dress and heels to cut-off shorts and Timberland boots. She's fly as hell and nobody can compare. She's definitely the perfect girl all around..... but I just couldn't bring myself to man up and confess my feelings for her. But when I found out that night that she had feelings for me, I just had to tell her about my crush. I didn't go into detail and tell her that I was now completely in love with her but I did tell her about my crush when we were younger. But as we laid next to each other on the floor of the livin room and I stared at her sleepy, pretty, brown eyes, I couldn't control what came out of my outh. My heart just couldn't be quiet. But I still didn't come right out with it. I was as vague as I could be, hoping she would catch on to what I meant but Kyra bein Kyra, she just didn't understand and I got discouraged and said forget it. But she wasn't havin that and so eventually, she made me spit it out. After I told her, she still didn't get it! It was so frustrating that I had to laugh to keep myself from goin crazy. She got mad and was about to leave but, I stopped her and finally made myself COMPLETELY clear and when she finally understood, she granted my sole wish and told me that she felt the same way. That was the happiest day of my life. That very next day, after she went back home after dinner, I called Nicole and just about all the other females I messed with and told them we couldn't kick it no more. All of them was cool about it.... except Nicole. She truly believed that she was my girl, whcih I didn't know why because I told her countless times that she wasn't anywhere close to that. But none the less, I made it clear that she was no longer to call, text or even message me on Facebook anymore. I wanted nothin to do with any other female then Kyra. She was the girl of my dreams and she was all I wanted and needed. But Nicole constantly oversteps her boundaries. And I should have known that because she was a spoiled brat and got whatever she wanted. It wasn't a secret that she was Roman Gotti's daughter. She broadcasted it proudly. Which make me a dumbass for even fuckin with her because if she wanted, she could have me fucked up for not fuckin with her no more. But regardless, I still want nothing to do with her.