Chapter 37: Cherry Poppin' (minus the sex scene)

For everybody who had trouble reading the chapter. The next chapter will be posted sometime tomorrow. Much love xoxo -Rae

-Kyra-

Explain this to me: How in thee all FUCK did I go to visit RJ on some friendly, gratitudinal shit and end up reevalutating everything I ever thought about this nigguh? How in the world is this possible?! I thought we'd have a little light conversation about his time in jail, how much longer he has, his plans when he got out, maybe even talk about why he fought Sire. Nothing major, nothing emotional, nothing remotely close to the fuckery that ensued! I felt as if I'd been ambushed. I'd walked into that room with the intent to place RJ and all the emotions that came with him, into a box never to be opened again. I was supposed to be getting rid of him, not making promises to go on dates and shit. What the fuck?

It's times like this that I wish I still had close female friends. I seriously needed to talk this shit out with somebody other than myself because I was completely clueless at this point. That thought in mind, I pulled out my phone, looking through my contact list at the different female names. Most of them were models and video vixens who wanted to network with me, a.k.a. fame seeking bitches, but there were two that stood out. Mia and Asia. We were all pretty much back to bein cool, we just didn't see each other or talk much because of our busy schedules. Mia was pre-med and involved in every type of achievement program she could find so she barely had time to hang and Asia was busy tryna juggle college and hair school. I had hired her a few times to do my hair for events but she needed her liscense if she wanted me to refer her to people to build her resume as a celebrity hairstylist. We all were just working hard on our professional lives so our chill time was cut mad short. But as I dialed both their numbers, I hoped at least one of them would pick up.

"Hello?" answered Mia, makin a wave of relief wash over me.

"Babe, I need some certified woman to woman conversation. My mind is blown. Where you at? I'll have my driver come a scoop you so we can grab a bite to eat and talk." I asked, looking out of the window of the town car I rode in. She laughed before her carribean voiced filled the line.

"I just left Aaron's dorm, on my way home. Wa'gwan?" she asked.

"Ugh, it's way too much to even discuss over the phone. I'm comin to get you."

"Alright, lemme change first, though. I'm walkin around campus in a head scarf, track pants and Ugg boots. I ain't tryna get my picture taken by paparazzi lookin like Harriet Tubman." she said, makin me chuckle a bit.

"Alright, hurry up though, I'm almost there." 

"Cool."

We hung up and I directed my driver towards UCLA campus. He parked as close as he could to Mia's dorm and we waited for Mia to come out. She texted me about 5 minutes later to see where the car was and I got out to wave her over. Once she saw me she jogged over and hugged me before we got in and were on our way to BJ's. Once we were seated and our drinks were ordered, I ran down every detail of me and RJ's relationship, from the moment we met to the moment I left the correctional facility before I called her and everything inbetween, including Sire.

"Wow..." she said, dumbfounded at all the information I had just unloaded on her.

"I know." I said, nodding my head and taking a sip of my virgin Daquiri.

"Well, first off, lemme just say that you're one lucky bitch that I picked up the phone and not Asia. She wouldn't have been able to give you unbiased advice. What you haven't yet seemed to realize is that this all involves Dre. Her only thought woulda been his best interest. I mean let's not totally neglect the fact that you did him wrong. You did him all types of wrong, Kyra. You gotta own that."