Chapter 19: Graduation

Dre POV:

I stood in the mirror, straightening my tie. Today was graduation day and it should be one of the happiest days of my life. I was finally able to tell high school and all my teachers to kiss my ass goodbye. . . but instead I felt like I was attending a funeral. I didn't wanna be there, in the same room as her. Her presence was now like that of a dead corpse to me. Kyra. I can't believe. . . no, let me not even comment on the bullshit decisions that are her recent life choices. What did I care? At this point, I'm done. I invested my all into Kyra and she just gypped me. But it's cool though. She'll definitely get what's on it's way to her for all the pain she's caused me. No scratch that, she'll get what she deserves when some nigga out here ends up fuckin her life up because she's too stupid to see a good thing when it's right in front of her. But like I said, it's cool. Like the other side of the fuckin pillow.

"Dre, you ready? Mama wanna snap some pics before we leave." said Asia as she stood in the doorway to my room. My sister looked beatiful in her red cocktail dress and red heels. I couldn't be bothered to explain her outfit in any more detail because I didn't know shit about female clothing lines or styles of shoes or none of that. Whoever my future wife is will have to be the type to just take cash or a credit card and get what she wants cuz I'm cluless when it comes to dressin a female.

"Alright, I'm ready." I said as I grabbed the dressbag with my cap and gown in it and followed her downstairs. My mama and Mia were already standing downstairs, laughing and giggling like too school girls.

"Wow, I didn't know they let illegal immigrants graduate from American schools." I said, tryna piss off Mia. I could see that I had succeeded when she turned around and glared at me. I chuckled, waiting for her insult. Mia and I have a love-hate relationship, even though most times it seems that it's mostly hate. I love Mia like a sister but I just like fuckin wit her. It's amusing, especially when her natural accent gets thicker and she ends up sounding like she's fresh off the boat from Trinidad. I swear she sounds like that psychic Ms. Cleo from back in the day.

"That's funny, I didn't know a wasteman like you knew what an illegal immigrant was. Tell me, do you also know what a tic-tac is? Cuz by the smell of your breath, I'd have to guess not." she said. Mama and Asia chuckled at her comeback while I rolled my eyes, boredly. I'll admit, that was a good one but I'll never tell her that.

"By the smell of your breath, I can tell you don't either. But I'm sure that's just because they don't have breath mints in Jamaica." I replied. I purposely said Jamaica instead of Trinidad to piss her off. She hated when people called her Jamaican instead of Trini. She had no problem with Jamaicans, she just wasn't one and so she didn't like to be called one.

"I'm from Trinidad, you rassclart batty bwoy!!!" she screamed. I laughed at the enraged expression on her face before I clocked that she had called me gay. Over the years I had picked up on the meaning of some of the patios slang she uses but not all of it. I stil didn't know what the fuck a sket was but then again, I didn't really care.

"Don't play with me, Ms. Cleo. I'll slap the taste out yo mouth." I said.

"Com'ere den! Put ya money where ya mout is!" she said, steppin towards me before Asia stood between us.

"The two of you calm down! We gone be late if ya'll don't let Mama start takin these pictures. You know how she is." said Asia. Mia rolled her eyes at me and I smirked.

"And what do you mean by that?" asked Mama. Asia smiled fakely.

"Oh, nothing dearest mother." she said sarcastically. Mama looked at her with an unamused expression.

"Little girl go stand next to your brother so I can take these pictures." said Mama trying to sound angry but failing. Asia giggled and stood next to me and Asia stood on her other side. We all looked into the camera lense and let my mom snap pictures of us until she was satisfied. After a while she stopped taking pictures and looked down at the watch on her wrist.