Chapter 41: The Beginning Of The End pt.2 of 3

• Dedicated to All My Amazing Followers!<333

So It's a little short but I think it's enough just because I'm tryna end this story soonish. I'M BAAAAAAACK!!!!!! -Rae<3

-Asia-

My stomach was in knots as I bounced my leg up and down in nervousness. This can't be happening, it just can't. My sis is fighting for her life right now! Like, what?! This is not happening!! I swallowed hard and tried to distract myself, to no avail. My mind couldn't even for a second stray away from Kyra. I don't know what I'm gonna do if she doesn't get through this...

It's no secret that Kyra and I had been through hell and high water these last couple years. Our friendship had been tested numerous times. And I wont say that it was anybody's fault, we just grew apart sort've. We had been like twins growin up. We did everything and went everywhere together. I told her all my secrets and she told me hers. That's just how it was. But I'd be lying if I said I didn't see a change in her after Aunty Kira died. It was subtle but it was still noticeable. Maybe if I didn't choose to ignore it, we would've stayed close. But at the time, I thought it was for tge best and she'd eventually be okay. And it seemed she was, she had started being a little more outgoing, coming to parties with us, and when she started dating Dre I just knew she was back to her normal self.... But I guess I was wrong. Because as soon as this RJ clown came into the picture, all her common sense went out the window.

I honestly don't know what she saw in that wanna-be hood niggh. He not even from the hood. He just think he hard because his dad is Roman Gotti. I found out that bit of information from Nicole. Bitch couldn't keep her mouth shut if her life depended on it. But still, what the fuck was Kyra thinking messing around with him? What if she had gotten hurt, not emotionally, but physically. Then what? Not to mention that he's in jail now, for putting his hands on the guy we saw her with at the restaurant. Obviously he's a very violent person. Like, I just don't understand her attraction to him. What does he have that my brother doesn't? You know, besides a conviction record?

But whatever, that's her business.

I just hope that her and my brother work this time. He really loves her. I can't even imagine what he's going through right now. He looks terrible. His eyes are bloodshot from crying and he looks like he hasn't slept in years. More than anything though, he looked like he felt guilty. Mia had told me how Kyra had found out about Nicole being pregnant with his baby and was on her way to the practice court to raise hell when she crashed, and I'm willing to bet that he blames himself for it. But it's not his fault. If I know anything about Kyra, I know that she acts like a maniac when she's pissed, and she was probably driving recklessly due to her anger. But had she not decided to come and raise hell, and instead just handled the situation like an adult, she might not be fighting for her life right now. I mean it's not what anybody wants to hear but it's the truth. She did some reckless driving and ended up in a car crash. That's not his fault and he needs to know that. And if anybody tries to tell him otherwise, they will have to deal with me.

It's only been some hours but it felt like we'd been waiting for days already. Everybody was on edge. No one spoke a word but we all had the same understanding that this could be the moment we lost her for good. At one point we'd all been estranged from her per her request, and we eventually figured that at some point she'd come back to us, and she did...... but this time, it could be permanent. And with every passing minute, I could only guess that everyone shared the same thought.

Kyra, please make it through.

*

-Belinda Ford-

 I rubbed my husband's back as he tried his hardest to keep it together. I can't even imagine what his thoughts are. His daughter was fighting for her life and there wasn't a damn thing he could do about it, and even if she made it through, there was a high risk of her being handicapped for the res tof her life. This whole situation was hard. 

I didn't know how I felt. Me and Kyra didn't exactly get along, but I still never wished anything like this on her. Never this. I'll admit that when we first met, she almost got snatched up, but considering the circumstances, and the fact that she and her father were already on shakey ground, maybe it was all just a little too much on her. Still, that's no excuse for her to call me outta my name. But I was willing to look past that and try to form some sort of bond with her. I honestly wanted to have a really good relationship with her. I know for a fact that I could never take her mother's place and I was just fine with that, but I did at least want to be cordial with her. It meant a lot to me and I knew it meant a lot to James as well. But had he just told her about me when I asked him to, we wouldn't have even been in that predicament. Me and James had been seeing each other for a good couple of months and were already talking about marriage before she ran away. I nagged him for weeks to introduce us already and he finally complied the day before her graduation. He said I could meet her at her celebratory dinner with the rest of their blended family. But as you know, she ran away that night and the plan sort of crumbled.

We kind of took a little break from each other as he searched for her and tried to figure out what he wanted to do in regards to finding her, but when he figured out she was in school and taking care of herself, we decided to continue our relationship, and eventually he proposed. Initially we were going to wait until he had smoothed things over with Kyra to tie the knot because we wanted her there and we wanted her to be apart of it, but once we found out that I was pregnant, we just went ahead and went down to city hall to make it official. We didn't even have a wedding. It all just happened so fast, and while James and I were ready,  I guess Kyra wasn't. She was still holding on to that fantasy that her father would only and could only love her mother. And I sympathized with her, somewhat. My parents ware divorced and for a long time I hoped they would get back together, but once they both got remarried, I eventually let that dream go. Now I have two sets of parents and I'm grateful for them. I love them all so much and I'm very close with both my step-dad and my step-mother. I know Kyra's situation is a lot different, but I think that if she just gave me a chance, we could be really close and she could learn to love me and vice versa. More than anything, I wanted the twins to be close to their big sister. Just because me and her were off to a bad start didn't mean the twins had to suffer.

As I rubbed Jame's back and said some silent prayers for Kyra to make it through this with a full recovery, I felt my pocket vibrate and pulled James' phone from it. His friend Dee Dee, who I also found out was Kyra's boyfriend's mother, had been calling for updates regulary. Apparently she was like a second mother to Kyra, or at least she was at one point in time. It definitely showed. She was absolutely heart broken that she couldn't get off work to come to with us but I promised to keep her updated. I patted James' back as I stood to answer her call.

"Baby, Dee Dee is calling, I'm gonna go outside and talk to her. I'll be right back, okay?" I told him. He nodded faintly and I kissed his head before I left the waiting area and picked up the phone.

"Hello?"