Chapter 27: The Ex Games

-RJ-

I took the ice-pack away from my face and inspected the damage. Kyra hits like a fucking man. I swear my brain rattled inside my head when her fist collided with my jaw. I think I might have a concussion. I spit out little specks of blood into the sink as I stood in the bathroom of my hotel room. I didn't go to the hospital because I didn't wanna seem like a pussy. I mean, what was I supposed to say? My girl punched the fuck outta me and now I think I might have a concussion? Hell nah. 

And yes, I said Kyra is my girl.

Sire is cool and all but fuck that nigga. Kyra is MINE. She might be pissed off at me right now but it don't change the fact that I love her and that she knows deep down inside that she loves me too. I don't know how or when, but I WILL have Kyra to myself and as my wife. There's no debating that.

I spit out some more blood before I turned on the cold water faucet and drank a bit of water. I swished it around in my mouth then spit it out again. As I used my arm to dry my mouth I walked back into my bedroom. My stylist Kionna was layin out my fit for the industry party I was goin to tonight. I hoped like hell Kyra would be there with Sire so we could talk.

"So tell me again how all this happened." said Kionna, gesturing to my swollen jaw.

"Man, I told you. I got into it with my girl." I answered her repetitive question. This had to be the third time she asked me. I think she secretly took amusement in the situation. Me and Kionna used to fuck around back in the day and I kinda did her dirty, but she never showed any hard feelings about it. Then when I heard that she became a stylist, I made sure to have her on my team. The girl could dress her ass off, kinda like Kyra, and so I hired her to do little extra stuff for me. She was cool as fuck, which kinda made me regret doin her wrong, but like I said, she never showed any antimosity towards me so as far as I knew, we was cool.

"Damn, she wasn't playin wit yo ass." she said, a smirk creeping onto her face. I rolled my eyes.

"Get yo geekin ass out my face." I said, to which she replied with a chuckle.

"It's about time somebody knocked some sense into yo ass." she said, goin back to settin out my fit.

"Whatever. What you gettin into tonight?" I asked her. She shrugged.

"I don't know. I think Imma just chill out, maybe go to the boardwalk." she answered, lookin up at me.

"You wanna come to the party wit me? I got a plus one." I said. I had flew her out here to L.A. specifically for her to dress me for this party and I kinda felt bad when I realized I had her out here just for one event and she wouldn't be goin home for at least a couple more days. I had been tryna get her to chill and have a little fun but she been kinda out of it the whole time she been here. I think it got somethin to do with her current love life but I ain't one to pry into that kinda shit. I had problems of my own now and that was evident by current the puffiness of my jaw.

"Nah, I ain't tryna be around a lot of ppl right now. I need some me time." she said. I nodded.

"That's cool. But if you change yo mind, just let me know, ma." I said. She smiled and nodded.

"Welp, your fit is all laid out. Please, I beg you not to ruin this beatiful Armani suit. It's too pretty and too expensive to be drenched in alcohol. I'll kill you if you send it back to me and it's ruined." she said.

"Ma, I got you." I said, pulling my shirt over my head. She eyed my tattoo-covered chest and abs briefly before she turned around and made her exit.

"Bye, Rome. And by the way... if she loves you like you say she does.... you'll only have to do one thing." she said, pausing in the threshold of my hotel room door.