Chapter 42: The Beginning Of The End pt.3 of 3

Um, I'm just gonna say that it was hard asf to finally get this chapter done, just because 1) I was having major writer's block, 2) I been busy asf, in the midst of finding a job and other shit 3) I'm trying to write in a way that will allow me to do a sequel if I choose to do that (haven't decided yet).

Soooo, yeah. But all that said, I think ya'll wil like it and I think I'm just gonna end this chapter with this third part cuz I've pretty much covered all the POV's I wanted to cover so the next chapter will be the last chapter! I hope ya'll enjoyed this story so far and are ready for the ending which I'm hoping to wrap up by this time next month.

Enjoy, comment, vote, follow me for upadates and all that good stuff! Much love -Rae<3

-Mama D aka De'Ava (Asia and Dre's mother)-

"Hello?"

"Hey girl, any progress yet?" I asked, hoping to hear something good.

"Nope, not yet. She's still in surgery."

"Oh... okay. Well how's James? He doin okay?" I asked, slightly disappointed. She sighed before answering.

"He's... okay I guess. He hasn't really spoken a word. He's trying his hardest not to break down but I can see the pain in his eyes.... Girl, it hurts me to see my baby like this. I never seen him so broken hearted." she said, sadness filling her voice.

I could imagine how he looked from memory. I was the one there for him when Kira died, and I could vividly remember the pained expression on his face as we sat in the waiting area of the hospital while she underwent brain surgery. This all probably felt like a terrible flashback for him. I couldn't even imagine what he was going through, especially because after everything that happened, they weren't on speaking terms at the moment.

"I don't know what's gonna happen if she doesn't make it...."

"Girl, just pray. Continue to pray and keep the faith that Kyra will make it through this. It'll all work out for the best. This is all in God's plan." I said, trying to keep her as well as myself encouraged. 

"Of course, that goes without saying. Lemme get back to him, though. I'll keep you posted, girl." she said.

"Alright, bye-bye."

I hung up the phone after talking to Belinda and sighed deeply. My heart ached. My god-daughter was literally hanging on for dear life and I couldn't be there. It hurt so badly. I hadn't spoken to Kyra in a few years, but she was still family, I still considered her one of my kids. After all, Kira, her mother, was like a sister to me and James is like a brother. It was only natural that our kids had become the same way. Hell, we had given birth within mere months of each other, and Delilah (Mia's mother) and I had given birth on the same day. Our kids were destined to be intertwined in each other's lives literally since birth. We raised our kids together, built lives together, we were "the village". That's what we often called ourselves. We all had a share in rasing our families and it worked that way. But when Kira went home to glory... our village sort've fell apart.

That woman was the glue that held us all together. She could brighten entire rooms with her presence, make your day with a smile. She was amazing and I admired her so much. In her last days... she made me promise to look after Kyra. And I thought I was doing my best... but it wasn't good enough. Kyra was a totally different person now than I ever thought she'd be. She was supposed to go to school and get a degree, get a good job, be everything Kira hoped for her to be. And I had failed her. She had began living a double life, messing around with strange boys and lying all the time. That wasn't the Kyra I had helped raise. What would Kira think? Her baby girl lying and sneaking around doing God knows what? And then running away! I never expected that outta Kyra, she's always been the good girl. Made good grades, never got in trouble, she was the one we never had to worry about... But after Kira left us... things changed, I guess.