Chapter 14

Chapter 14

I run out of the restaurant abandoning Beca, Amy, Stacy, and most of all Greg. I don't know what's happening to me. Just seeing him there with that blonde bimbo makes me want to curl up in a ball and cry my eyes out. Another part of me wants to beat her senseless. Which I know won't help my condition.

Beca comes around the corner looking worried. "Hey are you ok?" She leans on the wall next to me, "We can always go to another restaurant if you'd like ?"

I shake my head "No that would be stupid. Sorry, I don't know what just happened"

"I would have done the same thing if I saw Jesse with someone else" she pulls me in for a hug which I accept. We head back into the restaurant and still see Greg sitting there but the girl seems to have disappeared.

Greg jumps up from his table and starts heading my way "Bridget let me explain-" I raise my hand for him to stop talking.

"I don't wanna hear it Greg" I grab Beca's arm and lead her back to the table where Amy and Stacy are.

"Want me to go smash his face?" Amy asks. Her hands start punching the thin air doing facial expressions that would match the actions.

"No thanks" I give a soft laugh at this but sit next to Stacy. Once the waitress comes we order our drinks and food. Every so often I glance over at the table where Greg sits. After 15 minutes he calls over a waitress and pays for the uneaten food and glances at me. From my chair I can tell that he's extremely upset. Now that I think about it, I feel kinda bad. But what's done is done... I think.

Throughout dinner my thoughts are preoccupied to Greg and William. What William did, I was sure Greg wasn't like that, but now I'm not so sure.

After we finish eating Stacy drops Beca and I off at our dorm. And there taped to the door, a single red rose along with a note.

Dear Bridget,

I hope this isn't too cheesy or cliche but please forgive me and give me a chance to explain.

Sincerely yours,

Greg.

After reading the note I smell the rose. How could he have known that they're my favorite? Temporarily I forget I'm mad at him then I remember what happened. I crush the note into a ball and throw both the note and the flower in the garbage.

I throw myself onto my bed and scream until I'm crying. I can feel Beca patting me and telling me it's ok, but really it isn't. It's like my nightmare's coming to real life. Instead of just opening my eyes, I have to face them in reality.

I wake up a few hours later with makeup smeared across my face, swollen red eyes and a really bad headache. I quickly wash up then throw on some running clothes. I grab my phone from the charger that Beca probably put there.

Once I'm on a path I start jogging bouncing my head to the beat of the music, not paying any attention to where I'm heading, I trip on a tree branch and tug out my ear phones.

"BRIDGET!" I know that voice anywhere, "Are you ok?" Greg asks in panic. I sit up and walk off my injury.

"Bridget, I'm sorry ok?" I slow down to walk "Can you please just give me a chance to explain?" I nod by wanting to talk.

"That girl you saw last night was my sister Allie! She came down to visit me from New Jersey, she felt bad after what happened so she left."

Oh that kinda makes sense. Now I feel ridiculous.

"I'm sorry for not letting you explain" I say quietly while twiddling with my thumbs. His hand grabs my chin lightly and next thing I know it I'm staring into his eyes again.

"I forgive you. I probably would've reacted the same way" he chuckles then let's go. "Wanna finish off the jog without any injuries this time?" The signature smirk that I missed is back on his face.

Well I guess talking to Greg wasn't such a bad idea.

So I got my phone back last week and yeah sorry for the quality if it sucks but yeah. What would you guys do if I deleted this story?

Thanks so much for the 11.8 K reads! Never thought it would get that many! Anyways please vote fan and comment!

Dedication goes to a commenter.