Chapter 16

Chapter 16

"GREG... STOP... PLEASE! I... CANT... HANDLE...IT... ANYMORE" I yell while Greg tickles me.

"Say Greg is an amazing singer first!" Greg says while tickling me on his bed. Yes his bed. Which means we're in his dorm, Beca and Jesse wanted the room for a few hours which is utterly disgusting but that's life.

"NEVER!" I yell back at him. In return I get more tickling. "OKAY OKAY YOU WIN, GREG IS AN AMAZING SINGER" Greg stops tickling me and I bolt away from the bed and yell "AFTER BRIDGET!" I quickly duck underneath his bed surprised that I could fit under there. "Hey what's this?" I ask while reaching over and pull out an acoustic guitar. Standing up I wipe the little dust that got collected from being underneath there. I'm surprised it's not fully covered in dust. "I didn't know you play"

He chuckles softly but it's enough for my heart beat to quicken just a touch. "Yeah I do. I haven't played it since last week though" I roll my eyes and thrust the instrument towards him. I settle down onto the floor while he looks for a pick then sits down with me. "Any requests?" I shake my head no.

"Today is gonna be the day

That they're gonna throw it back to you

By now you should've somehow

Realized what you gotta do

I don't believe that anybody

Feels the way I do about you now

I see the passion that he sings with as he plays the chords required for the song.

Backbeat the word was on the street

That the fire in your heart is out

I'm sure you've heard it all before

But you never really had a doubt

I don't believe that anybody feels

The way I do about you now

He nods his head at me as if to tell me to join him.

And all the roads we have to walk are winding

And all the lights that lead us there are blinding

There are many things that I would

Like to say to you

But I don't know how

Because maybe

You're gonna be the one that saves me

And after all

You're my wonderwall

Today was gonna be the day

But they'll never throw it back to you

By now you should've somehow

Realized what you're not to do

I don't believe that anybody

Feels the way I do

About you now

And all the roads that lead you there were winding

And all the lights that light the way are blinding

There are many things that I would like to say to you

But I don't know how

I said maybe

You're gonna be the one that saves me

And after all

You're my wonderwall

I said maybe

You're gonna be the one that saves me

And after all

You're my wonderwall

Said maybe

You're gonna be the one that saves me

You're gonna be the one that saves me"

After he plays the last chord he smiles at me. It's not one of the half smiles he usually shows but a real one that reaches all the way to his eyes.

"That... Was amazing Bridget" he says after awhile. "I didn't know you would actually sing along with me let alone know the lyrics" he shakes his head in disbelief at me.

"Hey! Just because I'm a girl doesn't mean I don't know that song" I stick out my tongue at him.

"Fine you proved your point but seriously your so good! Have you thought of getting signed?" He puts the guitar flat on his lap so his arms not hanging over it.

I shake my head no "I never really sang in front of anybody past this year. Not a lot of people have heard me sing actually" I look down into my lap trying to hide the blush that has risen to my cheeks.

"Hey" Greg says with a soft laugh "don't be embarrassed about it. You have a really good voice and you need to be acknowledged for it" as he says this he slowly leans in closer to me until he closes the space between us crashing our lips together. I feel butterflies and sparks all at once.

He pulls back just a bit, enough for him to rest his head on my forehead and our lips to still be close. "You have no idea how long I wanted to do that" he says in a soft whisper.

"You have no idea how long I've wanted to do this either" I say as I close the distance between us this time, crashing our lips together once again. His lips are slightly chapped which gives it the nice roughness compared to my smooth ones. His hand runs through my hair caressing it softly.

"Well that took longer than I expected" Greg says. I roll my eyes at him before embracing him in a hug.

I know it's short but I typed it in my parenting class so at least I wrote something. And they finally kissed! I couldn't wait any longer .

I would've updated earlier but I have school, cheerleading and I'm on a provincial council along with two big councils in my town so I hardly have time to write.

Who's excited for pitch perfect 2??? I hope Greg's in there!!