Chapter 19

"Guy's this is Greg" I say introducing him to my family hoping for the best. My mom is the first to say something after a five second silence which seemed to last a life time.

"Welcome Greg! It's nice to finally meet you! How was the drive up?" my mom asks. Glancing at my brothers and dad I can see them studying him. Scott with his eyebrows furrowed together; Matt, arms crossed giving him the once over look multiple times and Alex who's not paying the lest bit attention to Greg but is completely absorbed into his phone. And last but not least my overprotective father, a disapproving look on his face, arms crossed and not looking impressed.

"Thanks! The drive went well, passed by quickly" Greg answers back clearly looking nervous and not wanting to say anything wrong.

Scott clears his throat "Aren't you forgetting something Bri?" his arms still crossed.

It takes me a minute before I finally remember that I haven't introduced everybody yet. "Right well okay uhm Greg this is Scott, Matt and Alex" I gesture to each one "and my parents Marie and Jason" my dad gives a grunt in response whilst my mother gives him a smile.

"Well shall we go inside?" my mom offers. Everyone nods or agrees. Scott throws his arm around me while Greg is stuck with our bags as we are staying over night. Stepping into the house I stop ion the door way and Greg does the same. We both take a deep breath inhaling the scent of the lasagna in the oven.

"Smells good doesn't it?" I ask Greg my eyes still closed still breathing in the scent. Peeking an eye open to look at Greg, he's still in heaven from the scent. "Come on let's go put our stuff away" grabbing my bag away from Greg I head towards the spiral staircase on the right. "So this is the main staircase that leads to the bedrooms and washrooms but there's another staircase that leads to hang out room" my hand glides over the pale yellow walls that I helped paint when I was ten "this room is yours for the night, it's the guest room and my room is just down the hall" I'm about to enter my room before I feel hands wrap around my waist.

"And where do you think your going" Greg whispers into my ear still holding onto my waist.

"Well for starters I was planning on going to my room to put my stuff away and change into comfy clothes" I turn myself around so I'm facing Greg instead of the picture lined hallway.

"Is that so" his ever present smirk is plastered onto his face. Our faces are slowly inching forward towards each other.

"Dinner's ready guys" Matt calls up, "And keep it PG up there!" I hear his footsteps walk away from the stairwell. My head falls onto Greg's chest in embarrassment.

"I guess we should go eat" he says slowly letting go of my waist but grabs my hand. I nod my head and lead him down the stairs into the dinning room. As soon as we enter the ever present smell of lasagna is in the air. Oh how I love that smell. Eating out all the time gets tiring and all you want is real food, and here it is. We all sit in our normal spots. Me on the side of my mom, my mom and dad at the head of the tables, Scott right in front of me, Matt next to him, Alex on the other side of my dad and Greg sitting right beside me. Normally our table seats six but with Greg here the extra long part has been added so it can fit eight.

"Why is there eight table settings?" I ask while looking around at everybody. Please don't let it be William, please, please, please don't let it be him.

"Oh I didn't tell you? Your cousin Karen's coming over, I thought you might want to see your favourite cousin since you haven't seen her for a while!" my mom answers while cutting the four huge dishes of lasagna.

Yes it's only Karen! I got worried for a second. You see Karen and I used to play with each other all the time when we were younger then her parents moved to the next town over and we hardly saw each other, only at family dinners and what not. Karen has these huge green eyes that you just want to look into for hours and red curly hair.