Chapter 17

NOT EDITED! Enjoy!

"Okay ladies, last time!" Beca calls out. Everyone groans including me. We've done this routine so many times I could probably do it in my sleep. The music starts to play, we sing and harmonize in the right parts along with the dancing that's also required for our next competition. I just want to get through this and go home, but we still have an hour left of practice. Once we finish I head to grab my water to hydrate myself.

Beca clears her throat loudly to get everyone's attention,"so as most of you know we have the riff-off next week, and I expect everyone to be there. We haven't won the riff- off for a few years and with our new sound I think that we can actually win" she finishes off with a hopeful smile.

It'll be my first riff- off considering that I'm a freshman. I'm actually kind of excited; but then it dawns on me. I'll have to compete against the Treblemakers which includes Greg. Well this should be fun. I smile to myself just thinking about Greg. How he makes me smile, how he gives me butterflies in my stomach.

Who knew that I would date somebody after what happened with Will. It's been over a year, people say I should just get over it but I can't, it's just to hard to forget something like that.

*************************************************************************************************************

"So for the importance of society, we must not only think of what we see and feel but what others think and feel" my psychology professor drones on. "10 page essay due in two weeks on psychological thinking!" he calls out as we exit the class. Great more work plus Bella rehearsal.

"Hey!" Someone's telling down the hall for someone obviously, I keep walking knowing that it's not me. I feel a tap on my shoulder and turn around and see someone from my psychology class I just left.

"Hi?" I say first while he catches his breath.

"Hi! I'm Matt, I just thought I'd talk to you" he says slinging his bag over one shoulder.

"I'm Bridget" I say with a smile trying to be polite.

"Wanna go get some coffee or something?" he asks.

"Sorry I can't, I'm meeting someone" I say. I hate turning people down but I promised Alicia that I would get lunch with her. Matt's face saddens but is quickly replaced with a grin.

"Can I at least walk you to your destination?" he asks, I feel bad for him I might as well.

"Sure, that way we can get to know each other more" I say with a smile but honestly I'm just hungry, seriously I just want to run to the sushi place that we agreed on.

"Great!" he says, he falls into step with me. It's quiet for a moment before he speaks up. "So what's your major?"

"Psychology obviously, what's yours?" I ask.

"Psychology as well" Well that's cool we're both majoring in psychology. I hope I'm not late for coffee with Alicia. I pull out my phone from my back pocket to check my texts. As usual there's three from Alicia.

Alicia: I'm leaving now

Alicia: I'm at Starbucks

Alicia: where are you Bri???

Ugh I guess I am late. Matt's babbling about some assignment we just got handed back. Of course he is, we'll there is hardly any topics to talk about considering we just met. "So what grade did you get on that last paper if you don't mind me asking" Matt asks.

"92%" I reply glancing at him from the corner of my eye. His mouth opens like he's surprised or something. "You're going to catch flies if you don't close your mouth" I retort at his expression smirking. "What did you get?"