Chapter 21

Not Edited~

Bridget's POV

Why is it so dark? Last thing I remember was being in the car with Greg... and getting hit by a car... Am I dead? Where am I? I don't want to die! I still have a whole like ahead of me! Greg! What happened to him? Is he okay? Oh god it's all of my fault that this happened! In the distance is a figure walking towards me. Who is that? As the figure gets closer I recognize familiar details. The protruding stomach, his walk, his all too familiar jeans and shirt but most of all his cowboy hat that he used to wear whenever he went out. Immediately tears start streaming down my face.

"Grandpa?" I manage to choke out with tears still in my eyes. My grandpa died when I was fourteen and we were so close, I was closer to him than more than my other cousins. He was there for me for everything, but he left before I could graduate high school which I so desperately wanted him to be there for.

"Bridget come here" he says while holding his arms wide open for me. Immediately I run into them with no hesitation "I missed you so much Bridget"

"I miss you too... so much! I wish I could see you everyday like before" I cry out. Yes, I Bridget McGowen am crying my eyes out.

"Me too, me too. But look at how much you've grown! You've accomplished so much and I'm very proud of you. Now you must be wondering why I'm here and what this place is" he says. I suck in a breath and nod not trusting my voice. "Well you were in a car crash as you remember and you got hit head on and well to put it simply, your heart stopped but your body was still in tact and so was your will to live. So I brought you here so you could make the decision to come and live with me forever or to return home to your family, school, friends and most of all Greg" he lets go of me and wraps his arm around my shoulder.

"You know about Greg?" I ask.

"Of course I know about Greg! I've been watching over everybody in the family for awhile. And I also know what William did, and here I thought he was such a nice boy. Well looks can be deceiving but Greg, I like him, keep him around, let him in and don't block him out" he says. I laugh at his last statement knowing how true it is. "So what'll it be?"

If I go back then I'll get to see Greg, my parents, my brothers, Beca, and everyone else; but if I stay here then I'll get to stay with grandpa. "I think I'll go back home, there's still things that need to be done"

Grandpa nods his head "Well you better be going" With one last hug Im whisked off into some abnormal place and the next thing I know im in pain, it's like a giant rock has been laid on me.

Beep beep beep beep. Trying to open my eyes to see whose around me is near impossible. It's like they don't want to be open. I wiggle my toes and my fingers. Well those seem to be working properly. Finally opening my eyes I see my mom, dad, Alex, Matt and Greg sitting around the bed looking tired. "Greg" I manage to croak out, my throat dry from the lack of water. Within seconds everybody leans in closer, mom holding my right hand and Greg holding my left.

"How are you Bridget?" dad asks.

"I feel like I got hit by a boulder and trampeled on honestly" everyone chuckles around me. Well at least I'm still funny.

"Hello Bridget I'm Dr. Sullivan, how are you feeling and what was the last thing you remember?" the doctor asks while looking at his clipboard.

"I'm okay and the last thing I remember was being in a car accident with Greg" I say slowly.

"Okay, good. Can you tell me when your birthday is?" the doctor asks.

"December 22,1995" I answer. So when can I leave? I'm kinda hungry and hospital food tastes disgusting from past experiences.

"Good. Before you ask I'm going to tell you that you'll be in here for another week or so because of your injuries and the fact that you just came out of the coma factors in so maybe a little over a week." Dr. Sullivan says. After checking my vitals he leaves and in comes my brothers who are surprisingly quiet.

"What's the matter? Cat got your tongue" I say eyeing them. Nobody smiles or moves. Wow tough crowd. I reach over to the side table and grab the water. "What's wrong?"

"You've just been in a car accident and you're cracking jokes?! What the hell is wrong with you? Like yeah it's good to have my sister back and know that she's not going to die is relieving but how can you joke around? I nearly lost you and you're cracking jokes" Scott says angrily. He turns towards the window not looking at anybody. A single tear drop runs down his face. Heart aching I want to get up and hug him but considering my condition I can't. "I'm sorry" he says before leaving the room in a rush. Alex runs after him yelling out his name, my mom is sitting beside me crying silently.

*******************************************************************************************

Heyo it's Rico!

Just kidding it's Kat, sorry it took so long but here it is! I am currently at a weekend conference and I finally had the time to post this now so please vote and comment I love hearing your opinions on this! Sorry if it sucks and if it's too short.

On other notes I recently published a new story of mine called Circles and I would really appreciate it if you guys checked it out! Comment England if you read this whole authors note.