Chapter 22

Alex and Scotts departure leaves us in a five minute silence. Nobody not wanting to break the silence and say something wrong. Heck I don't want to say something, I'm scared I'll screw everything up. Mom is still crying silently beside me, Greg is sitting silently, Matt is leaning against the wall typing onto his phone. Dad left a few minutes ago to go find them.

"So how do you feel?" mom finally asks. She wipes away the left over tears and struggles to smile.

I can see why she's struggling. She nearly lost her daughter and now her son is mad for some reason and her other son and husband are out talking to him. "I'm okay just a little dizzy and my leg hurts a little"

Greg moves to sit on the edge of my bed and pats my leg giving me his signature smirk that I've come to love these past few months. It's rare that I actually see him smile a genuine smile in public but when I do see it, I know that he's happy and enjoying himself.

"At least you're feeling a bit better, I really hope your father finds your brother" she sighs and runs her hand through her hair. A habit of hers that she does when she gets stressed and also a habit that I've picked up from her. "I'm going to get some coffee, anybody want anything?" she looks from me to Greg to Matt.

"No, I think we're good but thanks mom" I respond and give her what I hope is a reassuring smile.

There is so much to be done still, I'll be missing Bella practice for the next few weeks but knowing Beca she'll catch me up on everything along with the rest of the girls, not to mention that we have a regionals coming up which I'll probably miss from the stupid cast on my leg.

"Hey Greg?" his head whips in my direction so fast I'm surprised that he didn't get whiplash.

"Yeah?"

"Aren't you missing Treble practice right now?" he nods his head silently finally remembering where he's supposed to be.

"I talked to Jesse earlier and he said it was okay but since regionals is coming up he's kind of uptight about everything but oh well" he shakes his head before turning back to his phone shooting off a text before tucking it in his back pocket.

I'm surprised that Greg isn't that hurt. Well he does have a few bruised ribs and a minor concussion but since I took the majority of the hit, I got hurt the most. Apparently the impact of the truck that hit us wasn't that hard since they weren't driving that fast but it was still fast enough to cause an accident. "You shouldn't be missing practice because of me, and besides there's regionals coming up and Jesse needs you"

He shakes his head "No I'm staying here with you, you're more important" I look into his eyes and see how serious he is about this. "Don't bother trying to make me leave, you know that I won't".

"Okay but I just don't want you missing practices or your classes" I look down and fiddle with the hospital sheets. They weren't kidding when they said that they were itchy, sure they're kinda soft but I find them really thin.

"Hey, it's okay, don't worry about it. I got a surprise for you by the way" he says. A smirk appearing on his face. My stomach erupts into butterflies, he knows that I hate it when he does things like this but he does it just to bug me.

"What is it?" I ask.

"I'm not telling you, it's a surprise" he says, his phone vibrates from his pocket, he pulls it out quickly before sending back a quick text. Most likely to his sister Allie.

"Please" I pull my puppy dog eyes on him hoping it'll work.

"Nope"

"Please"

"Bridget"

"Please just tell me" I say. I know that he won't tell me but it's worth a try.

"Fine if you really want to know I-" he starts but gets cut off due to my mom coming into the room yelling on her cell phone.

"Scott McGowen! Listen to me! You come back right this instant! Do you have any idea how your sister feels, how I feel?!" She's pacing and gesturing with her arms angrily. I glance over at Greg and Matt, as usual Matt isn't paying attention to anything, avoiding my gaze. My mother hangs up the phone and sinks down into a chair sighing heavily.

"Are you okay mom?" I ask quietly.

"Yeah don't mind me" She says waving her hand. "They found Scott and calmed him down a bit and are hopefully on their way back" she says.

"That's good" Greg says quietly. A silence settles over the room as no one knows what to say next. The IV plugged into my arm drips at a steady pace giving me something to focus on. My thoughts drift from the Bella's to school to Greg to family to moving away.

The latter is quite abrupt, even to me, but I've wanted to do it for quite some time. Move away from this city and everything and everybody that lives in it just to get a break and have a new start. After everything that has happened I need a break, a fresh start; but I'll be leaving so much behind now that I think about it.

Greg looks over at me and gives me a soft smile, I smile back at him feeling bad for the choice that I'm about to make.

Randomly decided to write this since I had a little time. Hope you guys like it and thank you so much for all the votes! Anybody else incredibly sad that Greg won't be in the second movie?