Chapter 42- Zanobia's Pov

2 years later

After that dreadful night I no longer saw Alex and to say I was relived is a understatement. When Hakim and the the rest of CPD came in they had found Zeek stored in a cage in a room filled with rodents I was so pissed at Alex and even madder at the fact of how could he treat his own son like he was a piece of crap and didn't mean anything to him.

Luckily I was not sentence to jail time because of shooting Alex in the genital area even though he deserved every bit of it. When Hakim came in he was a little bit shocked that I did it but he understood why I did it and for that he had pleaded my case to cops so they would lock me up.

As for Alexander and his little "operation" it all got shut down and all of the people that was working for him are either in jail taken back to their original homes. I never knew that the man I met so many years ago had so much cold heart until then.

Enough about that let's move on the happier things going on in my life right now. For starters me and Zeek are still living in my condo Mike keeps trying to convince me to move in with him but I don't think I am ready for such a big move and on top of that I just found out a day after my birthday that I'm pregnant.

I want to tell mike I just don't know when is the right time to tell him about because we have been so caught up in work lately we barely get to talk to each other about personal things and on top of that Christmas is right around the corner and I haven't gotten anything.

Mentioning Mike he just walked in with a sleeping Zeek in arms.

"Hey Baby."He said giving me a peck on the lips.

"Where are you about to go?"He said examining my outfit.

"Out with the girls.. Someone does have to go but Zeeks gifts."I said reminding him that Christmas is nearing and neither of us have gotten anything for him.

"I said reminding him that Christmas is nearing and neither of us have gotten anything for him

"Not in that you are..and I have Zeeks gift already."He said whispering in my ear.

"Well i don't...and it's nothing wrong with my outfit."I said looking at myself in the mirror again.

"I don't care if I did your still not going out in it."He said while going upstairs.

Not listening to him I left out on my way to meet up with Joliet and the girls.

Mikes Pov

Coming back down stairs and seeing that Zanobia is gone and I know she didn't change she is gonna have something in store for her when she comes home.

All I do is shake my head and think about Christmas.

Christmas is the day when I finally propose to Zanobia and I have to say i'm kind of nervous. I know that sounds silly considering i've been with this woman for almost 3 years now but I still get nervous around her and think maybe she might say no. Honestly I'm in too far now I already have told my mom and dad that I was going to propose at christmas dinner and me and Zeek just picked up the ring.

We've been through alot these past years but we've managed to stick it out.

"Since she is gonna be gone for awhile I should surprise her." I said to myself.

With that I called the babysitter to come and get Zeek.

Zanobia's Pov

"Yea girl your brother really thought I was about to change because he didn't like my outfit."I said scanning through baby GAP.

"I don't know for some odd reason I love when they do that it's like so.."I cut her right off and looked at her with a straight face.

"What?!"She said looking at me laughing.

"You know what."I said looking back art her she always goes into these weird freaky modes where she zones out and she'll just keep going until I tell her to stop. I personally don't want to know about her and husband sexual encounters.

While I was looking through the rack of clothing it felt like someone was staring daggers right through my back.

"Why didn't you change?"I heard Mike say which made me stop what I was doing and just stare at the rack.

"I'm waiting for you to answer." he said as he pulled me closer.

I tried to catch my breath before answering his question and getting back to my normal self so it would seem as if I wasn't phased by him.

"Because your not my daddy and I can wear what ever I please."I said before walking away.

Looking around trying to find Joliet I couldn't find her anywhere.
This chick set me up.
🙄
So just to let everyone know I still have yet to actually go over my book and edit it...So don't kill me if you see some stuff you've seen before or if something doesn't add up. The book is still yet finish. Once finished then it will be edited.
Thanks for reading!