Chapter 13-Mike's POV

Picture of Joliet in MM

The doctor said we could go in one at a time.

So we decided that Zeek and Joliet would go first and I would just go by myself.

While Joliet and Zeek were in the room I began to think who would do this to such a sweet woman I have to find who did this.

I was in to deep thought when I felt Joliet my sister tap me telling me I could go in now.

Before I went in Joliet stopped me and said "Bro would you like me to keep Zeek for you?"

"No sis you have enough on your hands he can just stay with me until Zanobia gets out the hospital."I said in concern.

"There would be no problem if he stayed with us and plus you have to work."she said hold on to Zeek.

"Sis there will be n...."I said before Zeek cut me off by saying "I want to stay with Mike."he said pulling away from Joliet and whipping his eyes.

"Well I guess we have our answer."Joliet said laughing while giving him over to me.

I took him into my arms and put him over my shoulder while hugging my sister good bye and telling her I will call her tomorrow about anymore updates on Zanobia.

When she left that's when I walked in Zanobia's room and I stopped right infront of her bed.

I put a sleeping Zeek down on one of the chairs by the TV. 

I then walked closer to Zanobia when I got close as I could get I just stared at her.

She slept so beautiful even in the conditions she was in. 

I bended down slowly and kissed her cheek softly so she would not feel it.

Just then I relized that I have to make this girl mines so I can protect her and Zeek from any harm.

Next Day...

So I am just leaving work ready to go get Zeek and head over to the hospital to see Zanobia.

Me and Zeek did not leave the hospital until late last night I hated to leave but we had to go since Zeek had school today.

Zanobia did not wake up at all during the time we were there last night hopefully she will wake up today.

Driving over to Zeek daycare coming to find its the same daycare Joliet takes my nephew Jasiah.

After getting Zeek we headed to Funzzos a little fun place from him to eat just to make him smile again, all this morning Zeek was a little down not seeing his mommy in a while or being able to play or talk to her.

Once we got there I saw a little smile on his face.

Getting out the car to go to the other side to get Zeek he couldnt wait to get out.

"I see someone is excited."I said to Zeek while getting out of his booster seat.

All he did was smile at me and run to the door.

Once we got in his face lit up even more he turned around and just ran to me and hugged my legs.

"Thank you so much Da...Mike"He said squeezing my leg really tight.

I bent down to his height "Ze it's alright if you feel comfortable to call me Dad and just know when ever you need me just come to me and i will be here."I said to Zeek.

His smile was so big it looked like his cheeks were starting to hurt."Thanks Dad."

3 hours later....

We were just leaving Funzzos.

I know you are saying why did we stay so long well because this kid kept beating me in the basketball shootout and I refused to lose he got tired after the 20th round and just let me win.

Now we were off to the hospital to see Zanobia.

Arriving at the Hospital going up to Zanobia room finding her up and watching Scandle hearing her scream at the tv.

When she saw us she tried to get up but was took back down by the IV put into her arm.

I could see she whispered something to herself.

She looked up and smiled and help her hands out to hold Zeek.

"How is Mama's baby doing?"

"Mommmyy I missed u so much!"Zeek said squeezing his mommy.

"Oooo Mommy guess were me and daddy just came from!"He said excitely.

"Daddy?"She looking confused.

"Daddy Mike...He took to Funnzos I had soooo much funnn! MOmmy can we go there for my 4th birthday pleaseeee?!"He said with pleading eyes.

She just looked at me and then turned back to Zeek.

"Yes sure baby."She said before putting Zeek down.

I sat down next to her after sitting Zeek down.

"So you are his Daddy now...."