Chapter 1: Let's Start From The Beginning - Revised

(:)(:)(:)

Oh merda, my parents are going to murder me.

Trevor Lainson sits beside me ever so calmly, the side of his chin resting on the palm of his hand. He turns his head to look at me, one of his arms resting on the desk as he continues to sit there, not even flinching at the panicked screams and shoutings of my teacher. His expression shows pure boredom, telling me that he's so done with my nonsense without speaking.

"Oh, Jordan," he begins, his eyes flickering with amusement, "It'll be a miracle if you get to see the sunset tomorrow."

I open my mouth to correct him. "Don't you mean–"

"No," he interrupts me bluntly. "I meant exactly what I said."

I bite my lower lip, sinking further in my chair. Our distressed teacher grimaces even more, when a kid suddenly throws up in the trash. I groan, slumping even further, hoping that being at the very back will benefit me.

No such luck.

An angry, red-faced girl with burgundy-colored hair turns around, her eyes narrowing on me. "You!" Spat out Kacy Rivers, her face twisted in an ugly grimace as she stomps in my directions. "You just had to–"

"How was I supposed to know you'd be stupid enough to make fire and not a stink bomb?!" I fire at her, my temper flaring at the fact that she dares to try and get an attitude with me, especially when she deserves it.

She snarls, lunging for me. Letting out a yelp of surprise, I dodge. Moving further from her as I watch her grab at the air, right where my precious face would've been. Her head snaps towards me before she takes a menacing step forward. Annoyed, I take a step back, refusing to fight a thing that'll cry out at the first sign of pain.

Girl, I'm not going to jail because of you.

Trevor leaps up from his chair, catching Kacy in his arms as he picks her up. She thrashes, squirming before she abruptly goes limp. Trevor isn't in the slightest impressed; he's had me use that trick on him before. His only response is to tighten his grip.

"So, you're probably wondering how I got into this situation," I tell the kid frozen in place beside me.

He looks at me incredulously, his light eyes having just the tiniest hint of crazy in them. Grinning nervously, I clear my throat and prepare to reminisce. I happily ignore Kacy still screaming in Trevor's arms and the fire that has yet to be extinguished, and the girl running around freaking out and my teacher calling for the principal and...

You get the idea.

"It all started when..." I begin, pretending that I'm in front of a crowd of onlookers and not in the middle of chaos. "Split-ends decided to cheat on my best friend-"

"Did she just call me-" Kacy begins to screech.

"Don't interrupt me." I snap, sniffing indignantly. "As I was saying." I clear my throat and begin once more. "Split-ends decides to make the worst mistake in her life. My, oh my, did the poor little airhead need to be taught a lesson," I say, wagging a finger in the girl's face, only achieving to enrage her even more.

"I, being the best friend that I am– along with the most good looking," I flutter my eyelashes, flashing a bright smile at Trevor, who only rolls his eyes, "Decide to be the hero of the story and be the teacher to teach to never," I emphasize, tilting my head at Kacy, "EVER mess with my best friend." I grin, my eyes widening with a crazy look as I begin to cackle. "Kekeke... kekeke! KE-"

"Shut up!" The now unfrozen kid beside me interrupts, smacking me upside the head.

"Ma sei scemo?!" I touch my head, turning to look at the jerk, flaring my nostrils. "The audacity, bitch." I hiss, glaring daggers.