Chapter 24: I Got One Bar- Nope It's Gone

(:)(:)(:)

"OH MY GOD, I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU ACTUALLY DID THAT!" Teresa shrieks, throwing her head back in laughter, her feet kicking in the air wildly.

I don't say anything, amusement clearly written over my face. Ruby merely smiles as she's distracted by being on my laptop, lying face-down on my bed. I cross my legs as I relax further on my blue beanbag cushion.

When we got home, we ran to my room and I told them what had happened on the soccer field. Teresa found it funny while Ruby merely listened attentively. Uncle Freddie and Auntie Reyna had posted a note on the refrigerator that told us that they were called for a business meeting and wouldn't be coming back until tomorrow morning. Sad since I actually wanted to spend more time with my uncle but I'll live.

I shrug. "Neither do I."

"Hey," Ruby suddenly calls out, grabbing our attention, "So, I have to buy a new dress because of an upcoming business party," At this she rolls her eyes, "And apparently my parents want me to attend. Do you guys want to help me pick out one?"

"Ooh, yes, we can go to our favorite stores at the mall!" Teresa says happily, clapping her hands.

"Sure," I agree.

They both snap their gazes to me, eyeing me warily. I look between both of them, feeling slightly awkward. "What is it?" I ask, fidgeting slightly.

"You willingly want to go help us pick a dress for Ruby?" Teresa asks.

I give them both a flat look before standing up from my spot. I brush away non-existent dirt from my skinny jeans. "Just because I'm not full-on girly and act like a guy sometimes doesn't mean I don't like shopping," I tell them simply. I walk towards my converse shoes and start putting them on.

"Oh."

I roll my eyes before letting a smile slip on my face. "Let's go," I say when I finish tying the laces on my shoes, straightening up.

They both exchange looks before grabbing their coats and shoes, following after me when I began walking. Teresa heads to the garage, Ruby and I close at her heels, it doesn't take long for us to get to the mall since most of the car trip we spend singing along the radio and gossiping. As Teresa finally finds a place to park in (after stealing it from another car that was planning to park there), Ruby begins laughing, her face flushing red.

She begins laughing so hard that no noise emits from her mouth as she claps like a seal, doubling over. "J-jordan, why in the world... would you interpret that to be the lyrics?" Ruby asks after finally catching her breath, as we stumble out of the car.

I sigh in irritation, my own face slightly warm from embarrassment. "It sounded like that, okay?!" I defend myself, throwing my hands in the air.

"F–(beep) a zombie?" Teresa joins in, her tone sounding unimpressed. "Really?"

"In my defense, Ariana Grande has to stop dragging out her words and make them clearer!" I exclaim as I speed ahead of them.

"Excuse me," A girl shorter than I am that seems to be around fifteen stops me, an almost agitated look on her face. "But did you just insult my favorite artist?"