Chapter 32: Anger Tantrums Will Get Jakey McBadBoy Nowhere

A/N: Long chapter ahead!

(:)(:)(:)

Today's Friday, the day before the start of Thanksgiving break and of course, like any other normal person, I choose not to go to school.

I mean, Aunt Reyna won't ever let me stay unless it's a horrible crisis that can't be avoided. So, naturally, I asked Teresa to cover for me earlier just in case I choose to come home later than usual. She didn't give in easily, I legit had to pay her to cover for me. I mean, I would've done the same but it doesn't mean she has to copy my ways.

Driving has never been my strongest forte, hence the reason as to why I practically begged Jake to drive me where I needed to since he wasn't even going to school in the first place. He agreed with a casual shrug and I mean, he didn't really have a choice since I was going to refuse leaving his side anyway.

Yesterday was a weird day. The chef had apologized profusely to me and offered both Jake and I free dessert, promising us that it won't do us any harm and that he'd find the bastard who poisoned me. Even going as far as to question Marco and bring him to the scene of the crime. He looked upset at being accused and denied seeing anyone poison it, yet, the only eye contact he would make was with the chef and glance at me fleetingly. He looked ashamed as if it was his fault that I got poisoned.

Anyways, after Jake and I had gone out to buy me food and after Diana had practically poisoned my deliciously, greasy, sacred food, therefore almost killing me– which reminds me that I'm gonna have to sue that witch; Jake and I exchanged numbers. Tying up the knot of friendship as I so happily told him while pressing his cheek against mine and taking a selfie. He then had to chase me around as I posted the pic on Instagram with the caption, "Just hanging out with Jakey McBadBoy. Such a naïve thing, thinking he's all that with his bad-arse attitude."

He didn't find it amusing at all.

I didn't really make it any better when we walked back to his car (he had to chase me for a while since I wouldn't give up my phone so easily and I was an athlete so I didn't tire fast) and I tried to hook him up with every stranger that passed us. I even went so far as to actually make an elderly man chase us around, waving his cane at us; simply because I told him that Jake wanted to and I quote– "Slytherin-to those hot granny panties you're secretly wearing, wink."

I know, I cringe too.

I was very surprised when Jake didn't murder me right then and there.

Anyway... Back to the matter at hand, here I am, sitting in the passenger's seat in Jake's car where we might go in the backseat of his rover.

Chill guys, it's a song reference not a bad opening to something naughty. He doesn't even own a rover.

"Tengo tu foto pa' volver me loco," I sing, dancing in my seat as I make a circle motion at the side of my head -the crazy motion- "Pensando en ti, solamente en ti, mi corazón loco." I belt out as I hum the rest of the song since I don't know the rest of the lyrics.

It's in Spanish, sue me.

Jake rolls his eyes. "Your Spanish accent is horrible," he tells me bluntly.

I pull back as if I've just been hit, placing a hand over my heart rather dramatically. "Well, I'm not a native Spanish speaker," I say, "It's not my fault I'm American," I declare in a playful serious manner before jokingly adding– "I didn't choose this life, it chose me– rather pathetically, may I add."