Chapter 2: Gone Too Far - Revised

(:)(:)(:)

Tension? What's that.

Honestly, though, my back is starting to hurt from holding myself up and fighting the weight of their glares. My parents, in particular, are glaring daggers at me, and if I sniff really hard, I can smell their disappointment.

I pout, my shoulders sagging as I wither with my thoughts in a puddle of sadness of my prank backfiring badly on me. I promised myself that I would try my best to never harm anyone with my antics. Although, Rivers did kinda deserve it, and I will stand by that.

Oh, Dio, please, somebody get me out of here.

"The immaturity your child displays will land her in more than enough trouble if evidence is found that she sabotaged her classmate. Mr. and Mrs. Rossi, I'm sorry but-"

"Mr. McKenzie, with all due respect— and I apologize for interrupting, but what more trouble could she get into besides detention and suspension?" Papa asks, tilting his head slightly at the principal. Except it sounds more like a threat rather than a genuine question. "We can always pay for the damages done, no problem. Although, the school benefits greatly from my daughter's talents and our honorable— ah, donations to this school."

That so happens to get me out of as much trouble as they can, I add in mentally, knocking my feet together lightly.

Mr. McKenzie sighs, rubbing his temple as his brows furrowed in slight frustration. "Mr. Rossi, I'm afraid all that will not protect your daughter if she were to get sued or rather get a restraining order filed against her. Especially since— I just remembered— she fought another student."

"She did what?!"

Ohibò.

Once again, I feel the fire pits of hell on me. "Alright, take it eas-ay." I giggle nervously, holding up my hands to avoid accidentally looking at them.

"Papera, ricorda quel che ci siamo detti." Mama leans in, pushing my hand down and straight-up hisses in my ear. "Do you really want to live in the middle of nowhere in another state?"

I stiffly glance at her, her eyes staring right back at mine as she raises an eyebrow. I'm brought back to the reality of this situation. I realize that this troublesome problem is taking a little longer than usual to the point where it's getting out of control.

"I'm sorry." I blurt out, interrupting my principal, forcing the attention on me in person and not in conversation.

"I'm sorry," I repeat, except this time with shiny eyes and a red nose. I clasp my hands, sliding them on the desk. Wailing dramatically, I throw my head on the desk. "I'm sorry I'm such a failure." I cry dramatically, looking up at the principal with tears rolling down my cheeks.

I gasp for air, trying to control my sobs as I lean a little closer. "Please, don't suspend me. I promise- I promise that I never meant for any of this to happen." I clasp my hands together again and bring them closer to hide my face.

"Jordan." My mother's tone holds a warning, and I can sense her embarrassment as she pulls the back of my shirt. I sobbed louder, forcing myself to bring more tears to my eyes.

"Ms. Rossi, please control your emotions. This is nothing to get upset over." Mr. McKenzie sighs, one hand massaging his forehead.

And that, my dear children, is how you manage to steal a key to break into the school to prank your nasty ass principal.

Don't do this at home, though. Not acceptable in real life. You could go to jail!

Wait-