Chapter 29: Let Me Hear You Roar- Err, Meow! Home Of The Jaguars!

(:)(:)(:)

I'll never call myself violent.

I mean, feisty, sure I can handle it but aggressive? That's just a whole other level and I will never be able to reach it. I'm calm, I'm happy, just don't provoke me and we're cool. You can quote me on that.

One of the things that provokes me? Diana.

Everything about that girl aggravates me, makes me want to unleash hell on her and set fire on the ground she walks. Of course, I might be getting carried away even though she's probably the villain in my story. Oh, how wonderful, like I'm seriously loving it. It's so lovely that it even brings out the sarcastic side of me.

"Marco!" I exclaim, spotting my cute little nerd friend. "There you are, I was beginning to worry that you were hiding from me!" I say, slightly out of breath as I catch up to his frozen state.

He turns around and shoots me a nervous smile. "Jordan! Hi– um... Yeah, hey, how're you? Me avoiding you? I would," he gulps, averting his eyes. "Never," he finishes.

I narrow my eyes at the obvious signs that says he's lying to me. "So, what's your reason for avoiding me, Marco?"

"I wasn't–"

"Do not lie to me, Mr. Khan," I order him, sounding surprisingly stern as I stare him down.

He looks at the floor, scratching his arm absentmindedly as he refuses to meet my gaze. I furrow my eyebrows as I cross my arms over my chest, extremely confused. I'm book smart and not so bad in street smarts but sometimes it's hard to read people. Like now.

"Marco?" I say softly, studying his behavior, trying to read him.

"Yes?" He squeaks out, going back to the afraid human being I first encountered.

"You okay there, buddy?" I raise an eyebrow. "Because I'm still awaiting your answer."

He sighs, sounding defeated. "Nothing, it's nothing, Jordan, really," he says, looking at me. "So, why were you looking for me?"

I press my lips together, doubt creeping inside of me. Not pressing further on the subject, I shake my head and smile at him. Clasping my hands behind my back, I smile brightly at him. "You, my dear friend, are going to help me."

"With what exactly?"

I eye him, a hint of mischief lacing my voice. "With a prank of course."

• • •

"You're going to make her go– BOOM! Is that what I'm hearing?" He asks skeptically.

"Yep." I smile, eyes glued to the computer.

He sighs, "I'm not even going to question how you'll do that," he mutters to himself before glancing over my shoulder. "So, what exactly are you ordering."

"Products," I answer simply, typing. "Hey, hand me my wallet, it's in the purple folder in my school bag," I tell him, not taking my eyes off the bright screen in front of me.

"Um, okay," he replies, sounding unsure before I hear shuffling and the sound of zipping. From the corner of my eye, I see him setting the small green wallet on the desk besides the mouse, near me.