Chapter 48: Cutesy Moments Between a Joke is Always Interrupted- part 2

A/N: Hi.

Short Recap: Jordan (the main character) and Jake (the fake bad boy) are on a date at the skating rink.

(:)(:)(:)

"You— you—"

"Yes?" I tease, cupping my ear with my hand as I gracefully skate around him.

He breathes in deeply, his cheeks red from both exertion and embarrassment. The little frown on his forehead is more noticeable with his hair styled back. "You're a nerd," he hisses at me, his knuckles white from holding the rail surrounding the rink a bit too tightly.

I halt in my movements and stare at him for a full hot ten seconds before bursting out laughing. Slapping my knee thrice, I cackle louder when he falls on his butt once more.

"You're such a bully, Jordan," he whines, wincing as he tries to get up again, finding support once more as he slowly begins his grandpa walk.

"Jake," I call out, holding back my never ending laughter. "Let go of that and skate with me."

"I refuse!" He protests, gliding awkwardly before almost falling for the hundredth time, clutching the edge even tighter, his eyes widening in panic. "Jordan, help me!" He breaks down. "Get me out of this ring, you show off!" He shouts.

"Skate with me."

"Over my dead body! I'm terrible at this no matter what."

Sighing, I gracefully make a small eight before facing him once more, placing my hands on my hips. "How do you even know if you haven't even practiced? Didn't you say the last time you went skating was when you were seven?"

"Look, if I'm not automatically good at it, then what makes you think I'll improve?" He retorts, narrowing his eyes at me.

Shaking my head, I catch sight of a little girl from the corner of my eye. She stares at Jake curiously, her wide brown eyes watching his every move. He catches her staring too and jealously watches her steadily standing on the ice before looking away, slowly moving forward. Biting back a grin, I give a friendly wave to the child as she begins to skate away, giggling.

"Jake," I plead, "Take my hand, please?" Trying to make him look at me, I block his path.

"Blondie—"

"If you try, I'll buy your favorite food," I say, patiently, wondering if this offer will work, if not then I can always just forcefully push him into the middle of the skating rink. You gotta be brave, so-called bad boy, I think, deciding not to voice my teasing statement.

He raises a skeptical eyebrow, his eyes narrowing slightly. "Do you even know what food I like?" He asks, his voice hinting at genuine curiosity.

"Mmm..." I hum, before teasingly raising my own eyebrows. "...me?" I suggest, pointing at myself.

I laugh loudly when he turns around and begins his wobbly deer glide away from. "What a pervert..." I hear him mumble, resulting in my laughter to become even louder while I try to hold myself from falling.

"Come on!" I cry after him, wiping at my eyes to keep the threatening tears from falling. "I was just kidding," I say when I catch up to him, grinning brightly.