Chapter 47: Cutesy Moments Between a Joke are Always Cute -part 1

(:)(:)(:)

"Reyna, my beautiful wife!" Uncle Freddie exclaimed, zooming into the room with flailing arms and slightly crazed eyes. "Did you hear about Jordan's date tomorrow?"

The brown-haired woman gently placed the wooden spoon on top of the pot, turning to face her husband. "Honey, do not mess with her date," Aunt Reyna flatly told him.

His eyes widened in an overdramatic gesture. "Who? Little ol' me?!" He gasps. "I would never!"

Aunt Reyna placed her hands on her hips and raised an eyebrow. "Freddie, were you not the one to place a tracker in Teresa's phone when she went to her first school dance?"

"It didn't hurt!" Uncle Freddie pouted, crossing his arms defensively. "Besides, you figured it out and disabled it before she left."

"Because it was unnecessary!" She argued.

"Not when she gets kidnapped!" He exclaimed, slapping his palm against the counter before slowly retracting it when he saw his wife's raised eyebrows.

"Teresa very well knows how to defend herself," Aunt Reyna said, ignoring her husband's dramatic antics. "...and so does Jordan and Ruby. There is no need to worry. Besides, I like Jake, he's a good boy."

Uncle Freddie narrowed his eyes. "He left our precious baby when they left middle school, I won't let him hurt our little niece!" Slowly, without taking his eyes off of his wife, he placed the phone up to his ear.

"I can not believe you! Were you seriously dialing him all this time?" Aunt Reyna shook her head in disbelief.

He ignored her. "Brother-in-law?" He whispered. "This is an emergency! ...yes, yes... no, I did not— hey! That never even happened!" He argued, completely missing his wife rubbing at her temples.

"Look, we're not arguing! This is an emergency! A crisis! We must unite to protect our daughters' innocence!" Uncle Freddie cried out, walking out of the kitchen.

"Oh, love." Aunt Reyna sighed, turning her attention back to the food, giving a quick shake of her head.

Humming quietly to myself, I barely glance at the two girls and fluffy cat casually entering my room.

"So where are you guys going?" Teresa asks, plopping down on my bed, rolling around to face me with her chin resting on her palms. Ruby smiles and sits down on my beanbag, casually grabbing a magazine roughly thrown there. Raising an eyebrow, her eyes flicker to me and back to the magazine with a stylish woman posing on the front cover.

"Jordan, this page is on lingerie..."

"What?!" I cry out, hurriedly snatching the magazine from her to check if she's right. Ruby bursts out laughing and Teresa giggles. Glaring at the two goofs, I huff, shaking my head. "Your jokes aren't appreciated at a time like this," I chastise.

"Says you," Teresa retorts with wide eyes, her fit of giggles coming to a stop. "You're the one always making jokes and you're scolding us for doing just that." She shakes her head. "No shame."

"Zero shame," I reply simply, picking up a light blue pair of jeans. "Jake's gonna pick me up at five," I inform them, absentmindedly, grabbing a random black shirt. "I think I'm gonna wear that white-knitted sweater..." I muse, going to my closet once more.