Chapter 49: We Love Drama, Baby and a note

(:)(:)(:)

"Jake?" I press, raising an eyebrow. "You okay?"

"W-why... where did that come from?" He laughs, his eyes wide in surprise and he brings his drink to his mouth, hiding his face from me.

I frown, crossing my arms before I continue to stare him down. "You didn't answer me."

He sighs, resting his face on his palm. "What do you want me to say, Jordan?" He stares at me, not in a condescending or even in a desperate tone but more as if it's an honest question. It's like he's asking me: Don't you already know the answer?

"I want the truth," I answer, rolling my eyes. "It's okay." I shrug. "Because you're with me now." I grin, trying to make light of the situation and blow him a kiss, feigning full confidence.

He laughs this time, his shoulders relaxing and I wait for his respond.

"Yeah," he answers quietly. "Yeah, I used to."

"Dang."

"What do you mean "dang?"" He frowns, trying to read me and probably wondering if he should've approached this differently.

I open my mouth, ready to make a joke and pretend to walk away dramatically but then I back down, pouting. I'm not going to lie, that kinda hurt. Ha... it's not like I can rewind and tell him stop, you've violated the law for liking my cousin.

It just feels a little like... I'm his second choice.

"But why like me?" I blurt out, voicing my thoughts.

He smiles and I feel like melting ice cream under the sun. Geez, who does he think he is trying to win me over just like that? I pout even more, suppressing the urge to snap out of jealousy.

Wait... how did I even fall for this man, I-

"Jordan-"

When did I start catching feelings... ha.

"I need to use the bathroom." I rush, standing up a little too quickly and proceeding to lose my balance.

Damn, I really gotta embarrass myself as I head out, huh.

"Jordan," he calls out after me after I quickly stand up. "The food is-"

I feel wobbly and slightly embarrassed at all the curves I took in that conversation. Of course he liked Teresa before but what does that have to do with me?

What if you're his rebound? My little voice sure is persistent.

"Ugh, shut up, I'm not gonna make drama out of anything," I mutter angrily, swinging the women's restroom open.

I halt, surprised to see a familiar face retouching their makeup in front of the mirror. I cringe at the though of having to deal with another dumb problem and hopefully wish that she won't even bother to look at me. Slowly, I begin to creep to one of stalls, preparing to lock myself in there to gather my thoughts. Yet, something in the mirror catches my attention.

"Diana?" I blurt out in surprise.

Damn...

Her face twists in disgust when she turns to face me. I, for sure, know that we're thinking the same thing. Why do we run into each other more often than we should?

I glance quickly at her bag that has quickly been shut. I frown, hitting myself mentally and berating my nosiness. Will it really be that bad if I just blurt out a swear?

"What are you doing here?"

"Am I not allowed to come here?" I roll my eyes, all my concerns for her disappearing with her tone of disgust. "This is a public place. It's a restaurant where people can come."

"Don't be a smartass." She seethes before sighing and looking away. "Whatever, stop looking at me, it's creeping me out."

"Get over yourself, I only stared at you for like half a second."

"Half a second too long. You know, that's exactly what is deemed as fan behavior." She dabs at her lips, paying me no mind as if I wasn't worthy enough to be looked at while she shot me with her oh-so-clever words.

Damn, I gotta admit though... I can't think of a fast enough answer.

"Oh, she finally shut up." A quick glance my way and a feigned surprised look before she returns to fixing her appearance, pouting at the mirror.

"You just love hearing yourself, huh." I roll my eyes and turn to one of the stalls. "It's fine because me using the toilet is better than hearing your ugly voice and ugly face."

"Super original."

"Thank you! I thought of it myself," I reply defiantly, closing the stall.

A short grateful silence falls over us and I wonder if there's anyone else in the bathroom with us. Maybe a ghost.

"Don't you think you're lowering your standards going out with him?"

"I'm pissing." I glare at the bathroom stall, angry at the fact that she had the audacity to talk to me. Especially if she's judging me on who I'm dating when she has no right.

She laughs. A short and ugly laugh.

(:)(:)(:)

Hi. Hello.

Hey, sorry, guys. I've been gone for so long I'll be surprised if any of you read this hahahaha. I'm really sorry :/

I don't really think I can continue this book. So I'm giving you the last of what I've wrote and where exactly I got writer's block. It no longer interests me, to be honest. I don't wanna give half-assed chapters or writing that makes no sense whatsoever. If I ever do continue this story, I'm planning to rewrite it with a better plot and a bit more fleshed out character. I never thought this book would get as many views as it did hahaha.

But thank you so so so so so SO much for sticking with this book and enjoying it. I really hope it made you laugh a bit, made you as happy as it used to make me when I would write it. I love the characters and I love you as readers but this book didn't really have a really fleshed out plot. It was a little bit everywhere. I realized it was unfair to give updates in between long periods of times and give y'all false hope.

Again, I really appreciate you all for reading my book and I really hope that when I come back, I'll give you even better writing with the same characters and everything.

Jordan: Thanks guys for reading my story, hehe I know I'm irresistible.