[9]

9. Doubtful

"Liam dear, calm down" Karen says watching her son fidget. "I-I'm nervous" Karen smiles, "Everything will be fine, Zayn sounds wonderful dear"

Liam smiles a little, "H-He is" he says, his cheeks turning red at the thought of Zayn. "We'll be happy your sisters will be late, they would've embarrassed you until the end of time"

Liam nods, "I-I'm happy ab-about that, I'm wo-worried about d-dad" "Oh don't mind him, I'll get him to stop if he goes too far"

"Th-Thanks mum" "You're welcome dear, now straighten up your shirt. And I do wish you cut your hair again" Liam stands in the mirror near the door, "I-I wanna grow i-it out" he says patting at his quiff combed back.

"Alright dear, I think Harry influenced to grow your hair. I mean his is sooo long" she says making him smile. "I-I like it"

"Of course you do honey, come help me set the table" she says making him nod. "D-Dad could yo-you watch th-the door?"

"Of course, I'm gonna have a nice chat with Zayn" he says not taking his eyes off the tv. Liam sighs going in the kitchen, "He-He's gonna scare h-him away!" He tells his mother who shushes him

"He won't, I'm sure if Zayn likes you this much he'll ignore your father" Karen says pinching his cheek. Liam pouts setting he plates down, his dad is gonna ruin everything

When he reentered the kitchen to bring out the utensil, the doorbell rang and his heart almost stopped. He quickly peeks out the kitchen door to see his father letting Zayn inside.

Liam smiles when Zayn finally catches his eye, he bites his lip waving. Zayn grins waving back to him, Liam was gonna motion him to come over but his dad already began talking to him.

"Za-Zayn's here" Liam says looking back at his mother. "Oh is he? Well let me say hello" "D-Dad is ta-talking to him"

"We'll wait it out dear, I'll finish the rest" Liam nods, he quickly went into he dining room to listen to them. They were on the couch and his dad was sitting across he other couch

"So you like my boy?" Geoff asks, examining the man infront of him. "Yes sir, a lot" "Zayn, is it?"

Zayn nods sitting up straight, "Yes sir" "Liam is very special, you know that yes?" Zayn smiles, "Yes" "I just want to know, and if I ask this infront of him he'd probably never speak to me again"

Zayn nods chewing on his lip. "You like Liam for himself right? You don't feel bad because he stutters or anything like that? And be honest, because I want Liam to be happy with someone who truly loves him for him"

Liam wasn't angry, he knows his parents were protective so this question was bound to come up. For a while now he's been doubting himself that Zayn actually likes him.

Like cmon, he stutters and Zayn finds it cute. He didn't understand how a Greek god like Zayn could ever have feelings for someone like Liam

"Sir, I like Liam because he's himself. I don't care that he stutters, I see past that. I understand that you're hesitant but I promise you I'm not like that, before I came moved here I was an asshole, excuse my language. But I've changed sir, I promise you I have and I really really like your son. He just makes my day brighter just seeing him smile. I know he's insecure about his stutter and I just want him to know that I'll like him the same with or without it" Zayn says with a shy smile, he shrugs a little.

Liam's heart began beating faster and faster and be even got a little emotional. He smiles at Zayn, even though he doesn't know he's there he was happy.