[23]

23. Love of My life

"Z-Zayn, that c-cloud looks like a-a bunny"

Liam points out giggling a little, lying next to his boyfriend of six months. Zayn snorts, "No that's a dinosaur Li" Liam frowns looking at him, "Y-You high?"

The older man chuckles, "I should ask you the same, that's not a bunny" "I-I can dr-dream Zee" Zayn rolls his eyes fondly, intertwining their fingers.

It's been six months and both men have never been happier then ever, it was May and there was one month and a couple days until they we're seniors in college.

"You excited?" Zayn asks, looking over at Liam. "A-About what?" "Being seniors" Zayn says, sitting up a little.

Liam looks up at him, he noticed that the scratches on his face were beginning to clear. He finally got his cast off February and since then he's been doing nothing but using his arms to hug Liam tightly.

"Ye-Yeah, m'nervous though" "Why?" Liam shrugs, "Wi-Will you st-still be with me w-when we g-graduate?"

Zayn scoffs, "The hell kind of question is that? Of course, unless you plan on dumping me?" He asks chuckling nervously.

"I-I would n-never, I like y-you too much" Liam says honestly, smiling shyly at him. Zayn smiles brightly before thinking for a while, "I've got a problem"

"W-What?" "It involves you" Liam sits up a little frowning, "Wh-What is it?" Zayn sighs making Liam nervous, did he not want to date him anymore?

"I think I've fallen in love with you Liam James Payne" Zayn says nodding to himself, he looks back at Liam for a reaction. "T-Think?"

Zayn shakes his head, "I know I'm in love with you Liam James Payne and I know I said this months ago but I do" he says softly, smiling brightly.

Liam's ears feel like they were flooded with water for a minute, then he could almost hear his heart beating fast from the inside

"R-Really Zee?" "Yes, and falling out of love with you isn't an option," Liam begins to tear up, shying a way a little only to have Zayn pull him closer.

"I love you so much that it hurts. I fell even more in love with you when I was in the hospital. I heard you talking to me, every single day around 1:30" Liam wipes at his eyes grinning.

"You were there for me, I thought you would've given up on me" Liam shakes his head, "N-Never"

Zayn caresses his cheek, "I love you" he repeats. Liam blushes, "I love you too" he says making Zayn gasps.

"That was perfect Liam! You said that without stuttering" Zayn gushes, leaning in to kiss his forehead. "P-Proud?"

"Very very proud" The dark haired man says before kissing Liam's lips softly. It was a normal kiss, not tongue nor lip biting.

Just an old fashioned kiss that filled the men with butterflies. "Z-Zayn?" Liam asks, breaking the kiss. "Hm?" he asks, caressing his chin.

"I-I think I-I'm ready" "Ready to go home?" Zayn asks, frowning. "N-No, I-I mean I'm re-ready" Liam says, putting emphasis on ready.

Zayn stares at him for a moment before it dawns on him, "You mean, sex?"

Liam nods, his cheeks already red. "Y-Yes" "Oh, when?" Zayn asks with a smile. "I-I don't kn-know, not a-at my h-house though. M-My dad would kill y-you with his b-bare hands"

Zayn chuckles nodding, "Well my parents and sisters are heading down to Bradford to visit family this weekend, I'll have the place all to myself"

"O-Okay" Liam says as Zayn caresses his bottom lip. Zayn smiles making sure to kiss him one last time before lying back on the grass.