[19]

19. Determined

It's been exactly a month and two weeks, Zayn hasn't woken up from his coma til this day. Liam visits and spends the rest of his day with Zayn after all his classes.

He doesn't talk to anyone, not even Louis and Harry who've tried text and even talk in person, but would ignore them

What makes it worse that the whole school knew about Zayn being in coma.

The sad pitied looks that Liam gets everytime he enters and exits the building just made him angry and want to cry and throw a tantrum because they only made it worse

Trisha had told him that the doctors had found out that has been moving a lot, it started with a slight twitch of his fingers, then his toes moving sometimes.

Liam had one time spent the whole afternoon holding his hand, his heart racing everytime Zayn would squeeze it for a couple seconds then stop. It goes on for an hour or so before he stops completely

"Liam? Can we come with you?" Harry asks, following his friend who was probably walking to the hospital.

Liam shrugs, he didn't care what they did. He just wanted to make sure Zayn was okay, "Liam you know you aren't alone, yeah? We're here for you" Louis says, placing a hand on his shoulder

Liam only jerks his shoulder away shaking his head, he wasn't going to cry, he had stopped crying after the first few visits last month. "Liam please, talk to us"

Liam stops to turn around, "W-What do yo-you want me t-to say?" he asks, ignoring the way they wince at his appearance. He knows he looks shit, he hasn't slept for days.

"Liam, you know we're here for you. You don't have to bottle this in" Louis says. Liam wipes at his eyes, "M-M'not"

"You are, I try to talk to you and you always ignore me," Harry says softly. "We're worried about Zayn too, we want him to wake up as much as you do Li. Don't suffer alone, we'll suffer with you"

Liam eyes begin to water, fisting at his eyes. "I-I miss hi-him" he says, letting a tear fall.

He saw Zayn everyday, but he just misses his hazel eyes and his laugh and how he would compliment Liam when he was looking like shit most times.

He missed being in his arms, being able to hold his warm soft hand instead of a cold one. Louis kisses his forehead pulling him into a tight hug, "I know, it's okay Li. He's going to wake up" he says, rubbing his back.

Harry nods kissing Liam's cheek listening to him sob.

- - - -

Liam opens the hospital room door noticing Safaa already sitting by Zayn's side alone, "H-Hi Saf" he says making her look up

She waves a little a Liam and smiles at Louis and Harry. "H-How're you?" "I'm okay, I just hoped that Zayn would wake up from the deep sleep"

Louis frowns, "Deep sleep?" Safaa nods petting Zayn's hand, "Yeah, Wali said that the evil witch put a deep sleep spell on him. That's why he won't wake up, but daddy says he will. He promised" she says making the men's heart break.

She was glad Waliyha told her that, she's only six. She doesn't need to know that Zayn might not wake up anytime soon.

"I'm gonna go find mummy, bye Leeyum. Bye leeyum' friends" she says waving.

Liam smiles sadly watching her walk out the room. Harry steps closer to the hospital bed, "Hi Zayn" he says, adjusting his blanket.

Louis wasn't sure what to say, the scratches on Zayn's face and the cast on his arm made him queasy.