[22]

22. Brave

"I-I don't wa-wanna go" Liam says with a pout, making Zayn frown. It two weeks later, Zayn was out of the hospital and home safely.

Liam made sure to visit Zayn every single day like he did when his boyfriend was in the hospital, he got to help him with the homework he missed.

Now they we're standing outside the door of a speech class Liam's parents had enrolled him in, the younger man too nervous to go in now.

"Liam c'mon, this'll be good for you. I mean, you want to learn to talk without stuttering"

"B-But what if th-they make fun o-of me?" Zayn frowns, "Babe they won't, I promise you. And if they do, I'll kick their ass okay?"

Liam smiles a little, "Z-Zee you ha-have a cast" Zayn shrugs, looking down at her navy blue cast in his arm. "I don't care, even if I had broken every bone in my body I'd still protect you"

The younger man pouts, fiddling with his fingers. "B-But I'm scared" Zayn sighs, "Listen to me Liam, you will do awesome," he says, using his free hand to caress his chin.

"I'll still like you whether you stutter or not" "B-But what if I so-sound ugly without m-my stutter?"

Zayn lifts his chin up with his pointer finger and fixed his eyes on him, causing Liam's knees quiver a little. Every time his boyfriend looked at him like that he forgot how to breathe for a couple minutes.

He felt so warm and fuzzy, but mostly as if he was the only guy on this planet that mattered.

"Liam James Payne, every single part of is absolutely beautiful. I don't care what you sound like and I don't care if it takes you a little longer to say hello. I'll still be in love with you"

"Y-You're in lo-love with me?" Zayn smiles a little, "Of course I am, how could anyone not fall in love with you?"

Liam blushes brightly, he wanted to say it back but he was too embarrassed to even attempt to say it. "C'mon Li, you can say it back. I know you want to"

The younger boy shies away a little, taking a deep breath. Zayn caresses his cheek in the process, "I love you" he repeats.

Liam blushes, "I-I lo-love you too" he stammers, admiring Zayn's bright smile. "That was really good Li, you just made my day even brighter y'know?"

"R-Really?" "Really, now you're going straight in that room with your chin held high and make sure you slay everyone in there"

Liam couldn't help but giggle a little, "Th-This isn't a-a movie Zee" "Who cares, just go in there and do the best you can alright? You're brave"

The younger man smiles, feeling his eyes well up with tears. "N-No one ha-has ever called m-me brave before" "Well good, get used to hearing it okay?" Zayn asks softly, wiping the tears away.

"I-I l-love you" "I love you too beautiful, I'll be out here waiting when the class is over, okay?" Liam nods, sniffing a little.

Zayn smiles, pressing a soft kiss on his forehead before running his palm on his boyfriend's buzz cut.

He say down on the bench by the door, watching Liam give him one last wave before entering the room.

The man takes a deep breath, sighing happily as he fiddled with his cast. "Brave" he mutters, smiling to himself at the thought of his boyfriend.

-

"Well look who's finally came over to see us, you ready for another cut?" Louis asks as Zayn and Liam walk into his friend's shared apartment.

"N-No, just visiting" Liam says with an excited smile, bringing Zayn over to sit with him on the couch.

Harry coos, "Why're you so smiley today?" "Well Li here has finally went to his first speech class today" Zayn says, smiling at his boyfriend.

"Really? How was it?" Liam nods, "G-Good, I ma-made some friends" Louis grins, "Oh look at you being Regina George, popular and shit"

Harry giggles, nudging louis' arm. "Did you learn anything?" Liam nods, "Y-Yeah" "He can say hi now, it's adorable" Zayn gushes, playing with the hair on the nape of the younger man's neck.

"Oooh lets hear! Wait lemme record so I can send it to Niall" "Wh-Where is he?" Louis wiggles his eyebrows, "On a date with this guy named Luke"

Liam grins, "A-Aw" "Yeah yeah who cares, let's hear you talk Payne" Louis says, snapping his fingers as Harry gets his camera ready.

Zayn watches his boyfriend take a deep breath. "Hi" Liam says softly, making Harry's mouth drops.

"Oh my god Liam, do that again!" "Hi" Liam repeats, feeling shy when Zayn squeezes his shoulder encouragingly.

"Damn, that was one word and I still got the chills" Louis says, shuddering a little. "R-Really?" "Yeah, it was kinda sexy"

Zayn makes a face, "Alright that's enough," he says, pulling Liam close to his chest. "He's mine"

Louis scoffs, "Calm down bad boy, I got my Hazza. He's got the sexiest, deepest, smoothest voice of them all" he says, smiling over at Harry who fiddles with his phone

The older man leans over to pinch his boyfriend's nipple, making Harry eek loudly making Liam's cheek turn red as he laughed.

"Wow Louis, that was soo sexy" Zayn says sarcastically, earning a glare from Harry. "Boo that hurt" he says, rubbing his chest.

"You we're supposed to be manly about it" Harry slaps his hands away, "Get away from me, you ruined my mood now" he says, getting up from his chair huffing loudly. "Baby come back!"

"He's not coming back Lou, he's gone" Zayn says, watching Harry enter the kitchen. "That's okay, he'll be putty in my hands later tonight"

Liam wrinkles his nose, "E-Ew" "Don't ew Liam, I know you still be having those dreams about Zayn"

Zayn raises an eyebrow, "Dreams?" "Wet smutty ones, Liam has told me a few" Liam covers his face, "C-Can we go ho-home now?"

"Naw, we're ordering pizza later. Stay and chat, let's talk about the dream where you we're up against the wall"

Zayn smirks, "Oh I'd like to hear the too" he says, admiring how flustered Liam was getting. "I-I'm gonna hang ou-out with Ha-Haz"

"Aw Leeyum, what about the car dream?" Louis asks, making Liam send him a glare before rushing inside the kitchen.

"There's a car dream about me?" "Shit yes, that's my favorite one" Louis says making Zayn's cheeks turn red. "What was that one about?" He asks, moving to sit closer to the man.

"Za-Zayn leave L-Louis alone!" The dark haired man jumps, quickly getting up from the couch causing Louis to laugh. "Text me it later" Zayn says before walking into the kitchen where his boyfriend was.