[13]

13. Art

"Merry Christmas" Liam's face begins to hurt because of the intensity of his smile as he stared at his boyfriend in the doorway.

He was in his black coat with his hair tucked on his head, his cheeks and nose were a bright red covered in snow flakes

Liam leans forwards pulling him inside his house, he doesn't want him to get sick.

"M-Merry Christmas" Liam says, his cheeks turning red. Zayn smiles showing him the wrapped present, "I got you a present" he says, handing it to him.

Liam takes the light present wrapped in toy story wrapping paper, "Th-Thank you, I-I got you o-one too" he says, going over to his tree picking up the box that has Zayn's name written perfectly on top

Zayn grins, "Babe, you didn't have to" he says taking it. "I-I wanted t-to" he says pulling him to sit on the couch

"You first" Zayn says, smiling excitingly. Liam nods tearing he paper off gently, his heart almost stopped when he finally got the rest of the paper off

 Liam nods tearing he paper off gently, his heart almost stopped when he finally got the rest of the paper off

"Y-You drew a pi-picture if me?" Zayn nods grinning. "Of course, do you like it? It might not be much because my job still pays shit. But next year will be better, I promise"

Liam nods, "I-I love it" he truly did, he loved when Zayn draws him.

It makes his heart jump seeing his talent, he seen Zayn's sketchbook. He has his own section with the word scribbled on top that said

"I-I'm gonna ha-hang it up," he says, caressing the drawing gently. "Yo-Your turn" he says, excitingly.

He had worked hard getting Zayn a present, he was hoping he'd love it as much as he does.

Zayn quickly rips the wrapping paper off, he gasps staring at the box opening it. "I-It has all di-different types of p-paint, oils p-pastels, pe-pencils, all that g-good stuff artists u-use" Liam says shyly

Zayn smiles brightly, "Its a hundred things in here! This must've costed a fortune!" Liam shrugs, "I-It was si-sixty dollars"

Zayn frowns, "Liam, I can't take this" "N-No! Ke-Keep it, I-I've got mo-money left" Liam assures him. Zayn smiles, "You sure?"

Liam nods, "Y-Yeah" Zayn smiles widely, "You're amazing" he says, setting his present aside to engulf him in a tight hug.

Liam blushes hugging him back, "N-No you're am-amazing" Zayn pulls away kissing him quickly, "I wanted to know if you wanted to go ice skating?"

Liam smiles, "I-I've never be-been" "Well today is your lucky day Liam James Payne, I am going to teach you how"

- - - -

"C'mon Li, I promise you won't get hurt" Zayn says standing on the ice, smiling at Liam reassuringly.

Liam clings onto the railing frowning, "P-Promise?" "I promise you darling, m'right here" Liam bite his lip before taking a taking step onto the ice.

Liam gets his other foot on the ice before stumbling a little, Zayn quickly grabs his waist. "There we go baby," He says making Liam blush embarrassingly.

"Alright, you okay?" Zayn asks. Liam nods smiling, "Y-Yeah" "Alright, just hold onto my hand. I promise I won't let you fall" he says, starting to skate slowly.

Zayn smiles widely watching Liam cling onto his hands, his legs a little wobbly. "There we go, you got it" Zayn says making Liam smile shyly

"You're a pro babe" Liam lets out a laugh, "S-Shut up Ze-Zee" he says, starting to get the hang of it. "This is fun, isn't it?"

Liam nods smiling at the half empty rink, "Y-Yeah, I li-like how it's n-not crowded" "Same, I chose a good day yeah? No one goes out on Christmas evening, dinner and such"

Zayn manages to coax Liam to skate around the rink, "What'd you get for Christmas?" he asks, they had taken a break after Zayn almost fell when he tried to show Liam a trick.

"I-I got co-comic books, cl-clothes, more books, and y-you" Liam says slyly making Zayn nudge his arm.

"I think my favorite gift you too" Zayn says with a bright smile. "Y-You think?" Zayn rolls his eyes fondly, "I know you're my favorite gift too"

"I-I'm glad, you ca-can't find so-someone like me i-in stores"

Zayn laughs squeezing Liam's hand, "True that, if they had I'd have a bunch of Liam's everywhere" Liam blushes brightly nudging Zayn's arm, "D-Damn right"

"Oh we're cursing now? That was hot" Zayn says with a smirk. "I-I'm bad as-ass now" Liam says making Zayn laugh

"You're as bad as a little puppy Liam, that's precious. Besides being bad is my job" he says kissing his cheek.

"Y-You're not ba-bad either" "I am so, I kicked Zach's ass a few months ago. Remember?"

"O-Of course, I ha-had to clean yo-your bruised kn-knuckles" Liam says, cringing at the memory.

"That was fun" "F-Fun? Th-They were bl-bleeding!" "Yeah, but I had nurse Payne help me" Zayn says, leaning into to peck him

Liam cheeks turn red, "St-stop" "What? Too kinky?" Liam nods. "Alright, well we'll save the dirty talking when we get to that level"

"I-I didn't th-think I'd get a-a boyfriend" "Why not?" Zayn asks, frowning. "P-People get ti-tired of me" he says, fiddling with the gloves on his hands

"I won't, I don't think I can" he says smiling softly at him. "Y-Yeah, you sa-say that n-now" "Liam," Zayn says sternly. "I won't, ever since I met you my days have been very eventful"

"R-Really?" "Yeah" Zayn says quietly, staring at the skating rink that was starting to fill with couples

Liam smiles to himself, Zayn always knew how to make him feel good about himself. "You're art, you know that?"

Liam furrows his eyebrows, "H-Huh?" "You're art, every bump and curve you have is perfect" Zayn says making Liam grin, his eyes crinkling

"Th-Thank you" "You're welcome, you are art. Don't forget that" "H-How can I-I not? You dr-draw me a lot" Zayn smirks, "That's true, but still. Don't forget that Liam" he says holding his hand

Liam smiles as the snowflakes begin to fall, he didn't think there could be anything more beautiful than the tiny that were on Zayn's eyelashes