6: Hold It Down

Jermaine

Jermaine

I sighed looking down at my phone, leaning my head back in my seat. It'd been a long day at the office—it was only 7:09 but it felt like it was fuckin 2 in the morning. "Thanks Camille," I nodded and smiled as she exited the office. She was arranging a lot of my shit for me right now. With only four days to go until the tour I still had so much to do. Tess clearly wasn't happy with the fact that I had to leave so soon, and I weren't tryna leave this soon either but I had to do what I had to do.

I opened up my schedule for the next week on my computer screen and got stressed out just looking at it. Mike had done me the biggest favour and at the moment I was just waiting on him to get back to the office so I could finish up working and try to get home before midnight and atleast get to spend a little time with Tess. I was pissed it was my last couple days before I had to leave and I wasn't gonna be able to spend time with my family.

I heard a knock at my door and slowly looked up as it opened shortly after and I saw Mike followed by a girl who looked no older than 22/23ish.

"Aye man, sorry traffic was mad

"Aye man, sorry traffic was mad..." he said as he ushered her into my office. "I brought the woman of the hour—" he chuckled, "this my lil cousin Dondria," he introduced her to me and she shook my hand and smiled before I gestured for her to sit down.

"Thanks man," I dapped Mike up before he headed out again.

"Aight I'ma be in my office let me know if you need anything," he said with a smile before nudging his lil cousin and heading out.

- - -

I sat and talked with her for a minute and felt her out before we could really make any arrangements. She said she was a med student, and ultimately wanted to be a paediatrician. Mike had mentioned her when I said I couldn't leave Tess to deal with Lex and all her shit on her own—I wanted a nanny, but Tess said no to that so I was just meeting Dondria to see if she'd be suitable to help out while I was on tour and shit.

"So you study at NYU?" I asked her, playing with the pen in my hand and she nodded. "that's dope—I used to go to St John's actually,"

"Wow small world," she genuinely smiled. I liked this kid, she was sweet—I'd have to see her around my daughter though before I could make any actual proper judgement.