34: Welcome Home

Jermaine

"How you feeling?" Tess asked me as she looked over at me from the passenger seat.

"I'm excited—" I couldn't stop grinning I was too hyped. "Chris was sending me snaps on his way to the airport."

"Ha—" Tess snorted, "since when do you have snapchat??"

"Why you gotta say it like that? I been on snapchat..." I frowned.

"Jermaine you're an uncle you don't know how it works,"

"Those are fighting words Tess Cole," I raised an eyebrow at her.

She laughed and I quickly checked on my daughters in the rear view mirror. They were preoccupied with their iPads where they were watching some movies. So, we won the court case and we were on the way to pick up Chris. Joint custody meant Chris would spend 50/50 time with us and with his moms. We were on our way to the airport to go and pick him up.

I was excited, but honestly, a nigga was nervous. I only found out about Chris later on in his life so it was gonna be a different dynamic having him living with us. But, we were a strong family unit— we could do it.

Tess

I've never seen my husband this happy... through the stress and drama we were finally taking Chris home with us.

"Let's get a balllllooon!!" Liyah screamed.

"Oh my gosh mommy and dadddy please please please— the one that says welcome home?"

Given, Cole could never say no to his daughters we were waiting in arrivals with a box of donuts and welcome home balloons. We waited for a bit before Chris finally came out. He immediately jogged over and hugged his dad.

"Ayeee pops," him and Jermaine hugged while I took a picture.

"Wassup lil nigga?" He dapped him up, "you good?" He grabbed and carried his bags for him.

"Yeah I'm good— I'm just hungry

"Yeah I'm good— I'm just hungry.... ayeee Lex and Liyah," he bent down and kissed his little sisters. "These balloons are for me?"

"Uh huhhh," they both grinned. "We're gonna have so much fun now that you're moving in with us."

"Yeahhh man, I'm excited Lex—" he chuckled, before he turned to hug me. "Hey Tess,"

"Wassup kiddo?" I played with his hair "... nice sneakers, where'd you get em?" I joked. He had on the ones I had bought him for Christmas last year.

After we all went to grab lunch, we headed back home and the girls went down for a nap so I made my way to the studio. I'd been writing a lot lately and working on a lot of material lately. With my candles burning, and lights dimmed I almost lost track of time. I was in the booth, changing up one of my verses until I heard the door open.