28: Movin' On Up

Two years later

Jermaine 

I readjusted the hood on my black hoodie as the elavator doors opened and I made my way down to the hallway looking for room 397. Once I found it I knocked and waited briefly before Brandy opened the hotel room door. 

"You're late," she said dryly. 

"I don't control traffic," I mumbled as I walked past her into the room with my hands in my pocket. 

"Dadddddy!" Christian grinned up at me as he saw me come in. He ran up and dapped me up. So, two years ago after Brandy came to our house warming and dropped the bombshell on us went ahead with the DNA test and it turns out that Christian was indeed my son. She hid it from us all these years because her boyfriend had been raising him as his own until he had enough of her and up and left. 

I was mad as hell for a very long time. My first kid-- My first son and I had missed all the firsts in his life. At first the guilt ate me up and I would spoil him so much. But overtime, I started to treat him how I'd treat my other two kids. By now he was 9, Alexia was 6 and we'd had our baby girl and named her Aaliyah and she was about to be two. In the mean time, Tess and I had gotten married and had been doing well in our careers respectively although our home life did suffer a little bit with this whole Brandy situation. 

"Wassup lil nigga," I hugged him then dapped him up. "you keep getting taller every time I see you man," I chuckled. "Get your shoes on so we can go," I instructed him and he went off to grab his shit. 

Brandy came and sat down opposite me as I was scrolling through my phone

Brandy came and sat down opposite me as I was scrolling through my phone. "So I'm out here in New York for a couple days for some work stuff and I might start looking at apartments... we're probably gonna move out here... if not, we're looking in LA." 

"You not taking my son to the West Coast," I mumbled not even looking up from my phone. 

"Bitch I might be," she chuckled. 

"You already kept my son away from me... and I barely see him as it is... if you take him to LA I'm taking your ass to court and I swear I will," I finally looked up at her. 

Just as she was going to respond, our son came back in the room with a backpack, a duffel bag and his sneakers on. I took his duffel bag from him as he said bye to his mother. "You make sure you text me Chris aight?" she said as she kissed his forehead and he nodded. 

"Bye mom," he smiled as he followed me out. 

"Bye baby boy," she waved him off. "Bye Jermaine." 

"Peace," I mumbled only for the sake of Chris so he could see his parents acting cordial to one another. We made it downstairs to the car, stopped by the Dreamville offices and then to Popeyes to grab some food to take home.