22: Friday Night Lights

**for those wondering, here are pics of Ari (Tess' sister) and Corey (Ari's bf)** 

Tess

We were at dinner with my sister and her lil boyfriend. She was in her first year of college and she met him there, he was three years older than her and was a business and communications major. "So how long y'all been together?" Jermaine asked as he stared down the poor boy.

"Uh about 6 months," he cleared his throat.

"Aw y'all are cute..." I gave a soft smile. "we're gonna grill you though because you know my sisters a baby right?"

"Tess I swear to God—" Ari rolled her eyes.

"Nah it's fine," Corey chuckled and he squeezed her leg, "I can take it."

We asked him a couple questions and continued eating and Jermaine's soft ass eased up on him once he told him he was a fan of his music.

"My boy introduced me to your mixtape a couple years back actually, Friday Night Lights is my all time favourite," he told him.

"Oh word? That's dope man... whatchu think of it?" Jermaine was cheesing a lil too hard for my liking.

"Okay Cole as much as we'd like to sit around and talk about your mixtape all day—" I rolled my eyes.

"Nah let the man answer the question shit.." He leaned back in his seat.

Corey looked at Ari and smiled before responding. "I uh actually like the autograph best... and I can relate to the metaphor cause I play ball—"

"Yo I like this kid," Jermaine smiled before the two of them went on talking about basketball until we were done with dinner. We were flying back home in the morning so we had to call it an early night and go back to my moms and pack and make sure Lex was in bed on time.

---

Jermaine

We'd been back home for a couple days and I'd just been to a doctors appointment with Tess... everything was going good so far. We were in the car after grabbing lunch and was on our way to pick up Lex from school.

"Shinin shinin shinin shinin yeahhhhh all of this winninnn I been losin my mind—" Tess sang along as she turned the volume up. "Hold on... don'ttt... try to.... slow me down—"

I sighed as I watched her before focusing back on the road. "After this, we listening to my music," I said.

"NoPE—we're gonna keep listening to this song until I know Jay's verse—"

"I'm gonna tell him you a fangirl like this," I chuckled.

"Please don't...." she looked at me wide eyed.

"Aight well we not gonna listen to this damn song another time you've had it on repeat all day,"

"Fine,"

I turned the song down and we sat in complete silence for a bit. "How do you wanna tell people baby?"

"I don't know... maybe like a dinner party kinda thing and tell everyone together, soon it's gonna be quite hard to hide,"

"Yeah true," I nodded, "whatever you wanna do I'm down with,"

"I just want an excuse to throw a party," she laughed, "we could make it a house warming since we haven't had everyone down at the new house yet."

"Aight bet sounds good,"

I pulled up at the school and Tess got out the car to pick up our daughter. I grabbed my phone to see if I had any messages. The guys' groupchat was popping. I hadn't replied to anything in a couple days. I shook my head when I read the foolishness they were talking about.

Cozz: I need me a lady like ashanti..... fucccc she bad 💦💦

Bas: cody macc is our resident thirsty nigga

Ib: smh yall are stupid

Ib: what we doin tonight?

Mike: STRIP CLUB NIGGGA 🍑

Cozz: i second that

Bas: oh cole finally reading the group message

I sighed before typing out a response:

Sent: yea i just flew back in today.... i been busy wassup tho

Ib: everyone better be at the strip club tonight whoever don't come owe everybody 100 dollars

I shook my head before putting my phone back in my pocket. I hadn't been out with my boys in a while maybe I needed to go out and let loose for a night, shit might as well I been working on the album 24/7.

I smiled huge once I saw Tess and Lex approaching the car and Tess put her in the back and buckled her up.

"Wassup baby girl?" I asked her looking back at her. "how was school?"

"It was fun... I played a whole lotta games," she said with a yawn, "can we have donuts from kwispy kwemeeee please?"

"Nah sweetie you gotta eat some real food first," Tess told her before she came back into the passenger seat.

I started the drive home and Lex was playing a princess game on her ipad in the back. "Baby I'm gonna head to the studio tonight,"

"Aight.." she nodded as she looked out the window. "you gonna be home for dinner though?"

"Nah I'll probably leave before then..." I mumbled.

"Mkay," she nodded.

We endured the rest of the ride home in silence.