20: Not a businessman...A business, man.

I'd been in LA for about two days now. Me and Jermaine had argued about it for a bit, but in the end I took Lex with me considering he was gonna be in the studio the whole time anyway—so we were gonna go back home in a couple more days.

I had back to back meetings at Colombia records to discuss a distribution deal and partnering with them. I yawned looking at the time. We'd been in this meeting room all day shit I was happy there was food. I was a creative mind and a creative soul so I really didn't enjoy the business side of this shit. I had a good team with me though and we worked well to make things happen.

I picked up my phone to see how much time had passed, just 5 minutes since I last checked. I had two unread texts. I swiped to unlock and read them.

The first one was from my mom who attached a picture of Lex with a full face of make up on, lashes and everything. My sister was wild.

I smiled and shook my head before typing out a response

To: mama 17:58

Tell Ari we fightin when I get home... why she do my child like that? 😂

I then went to check the second text, this one being from Jermaine

From: zaddy 17:54

im bored show me your tits 😏

I couldn't help but laugh before replying.

To: zaddy 17:59

I'm in a meeting sir please refrain from such inappropriate requests.

From: zaddy 18:00

excuse yourself n go to the bathroom real quick... let a nigga see whatchu workin with

To: zaddy 18:01

witcho thirsty ass smh

From: zaddy 18:01
please?

To: zaddy 18:02
I love you
😘 😘 😘

I turned my phone back upside down and tried to pay attention on what was going on. This man in a  suit then spoke directly to me so I had to listen.

"We can have you working closely with our A&R, Broderick and get the ball rolling on this..." he said. While I was on my phone I probably missed him enter the room. I smiled up at him and he smiled back.

"I'm here to help... any questions you might have, we can set up a meeting." He had this deep voice.

"Sounds good," I smiled.

When the meeting ended I was in the hallway waiting to get a call from the car service. The rest of my team was staying in a hotel so they left together. Broderick left out the meeting room and approached me. "Tess right?" he asked with a slight frown.