CHAPTER 28

Wishing something you shouldn't have done and brooding over the things you are supposed to have done instead, is called regret. -greatfairy

Chapter 28: Regrets

SKEET'S POV

I don't trust women. Nah. Scratch that, I despise them. They're nothing but a disguised witch ready to trick men.

But my mom will always be an exception, she's amazing just the way she is. My sister is a brat and I don't like her.

Women are clever and pretentious and I will never let myself fall for their traps again. No. Not ever.

But I never thought I would eat my own words. Definitely I was choked by them.

Everything else changed when she came to my life.

She's my world, my everything. She put up every broken piece of me. She filled the emptiness in my heart. She changed me completely into a different person, definitely a better person.

Her smile completes my every day. Her laugh made me leave everything behind and live like there's no tomorrow. She is an epitome of innocence and beauty.

She's an angel literally sent from above to love me. She's my heart, the air I breathe, my love, my Nisyel.

The first time I saw her, she already captured my heart. She was looking at her reflection in the tinted glass door of my office, I find her stupid though. Isn't she aware that I can see her from the inside? But I felt my heart beat fast when I got to see her closer. She's not just an angel, she's a goddess for damn sake!

I tried to suppress my feelings for her, but I failed. And that was the sweetest failure I ever had. I chained my heart but she is like a living key that unchained it easily and fastly.

My love for her is a whirlwind, I fell for her too fast and too hard.

Alam niyo Sir, 'yon ang hirap sa inyo, eh! Ang baba ng tingin niyo sa aming mga mahihirap! Porke't mahirap lang kami, konting pagkakamali, stupid agad! Eh, ikaw nga itong stupid, eh! Lahat ginawa ko na! Pinangiti, pinatawa at inalagaan kita pero hindi mo pa rin alam na nililigawan kita! Hindi mo alam na gusto kita! STUPID!

I couldn't restrain myself from smiling every time I remember the day she confessed her feelings for me. That was an unexpected revelation from her. She's too innocent, yet straight forward.

I felt like flying without wings when she said she loves me, too.

But I hate how destiny played our fate. It messed up everything about us. Why of all people, she happened to be the bestfriend of the woman I loathe the most? Worst is, she happened to be a part of the family I despise to the core since I was young.

"Dee, bakit ka may litrato ni Mam- Ang ibig kong sabihin bakit ka may litrato ni Andrea Pelaez?" She asked out of the blue.

"Just don't mind that, Mee. Why? Do you know her?"

"W-wala naman, Dee. Hindi ko siya kilala. Ngayon ko nga lang nakita 'yan eh. Naikwento kasi sa'kin ni Mommy Amethyst na pinagtangkaan ng babaeng yan ang buhay mo noon," she answered nervously. I wonder why.

"Yeah. She did," I answered through gritted teeth. I cannot forgive the Pelaez' for messing up with my family. Not even in a single chance.

She's my weakness and I can't bear to see her cry, it kills me. But when I discovered her terrible lies, I lost my senses. I thought she's real and pure but she lied to me! It fvcking damn hurts!

Was she just toying over me all this time?

Did she plan to make me fall for her and dump me like a useless trash after she's done playing my feelings?