Chapter 30: Reunited

There was a party that night. The guild got together at the bar and just drunk the night away. I stayed clear from them, because when Beowulf gets drunk, there's no stopping him. I was sitting by the river in the center of town, listening to the flowing water and the calmness of the gentle breeze. It felt nice, relaxing like this under the moonlight. The leaves were dancing gently, and the area was empty except for me.

Parties aren't really my thing. I would go, but never really mingle. Never was interested, and saw no point to it. Besides, the guild parties every day at home so what would it matter if I was there or not now?

I looked at the roofs across the way, expecting to see the night stars above the gentle, candle lit houses. Instead, I found something that gripped my curiosity. There was someone standing directly across from me, in a dark hooded cloak, further away, but I could tell they were watching me. It felt odd, and I felt a familiar presence, one I haven't felt since the locker room. It scared me a little, and I was considering to walk away. However, curiosity won over, and it drove me to find out who this person was. If they were trying to get in contact with me, for whatever reason, I would need to find out who they are and why they want me.

As I leapt over the river, the person moved into the alleyway. I landed, jogging after as soon as my feet touched the ground. I didn't want to freak out, or trigger the person to do something, so I kept a good distance, careful not spook them. They turned, looked directly at me, and began scaling the building nearby. I followed, purposely moving slower so they wouldn't view me as hostile. As I crawled on the roof, I watched the person, who was waiting for me. "I knew you'd follow." The moonlight dimmed. When I looked up, a cloud was passing by.

A woman, for sure. Looking closer at her cloak, I could make out an hourglass figure. "You were waiting for me? Who are you then?"

"I've been.. I've been looking all over for you.. And I find you here, or all places.. What luck, huh?" She said. Her voice sounded like it was cracking some, from sorrow. "I'm sorry.. I should have waited before.."

"Who are you," I repeated my question. She took a deep breath, slowly removing her hood as the moonlight returned. Waist length purple hair. Her eyes were a deep brown, and her skin was light, but smooth looking. What struck me, was her facial features. The structure of her face was definitely all too familiar, as if I had just seen her a couple hours ago. Memories came flooding back all at once, and my heart skipped a beat. Out of everything that's happened so far, from fighting army destroying wizards, to training with dragons, and defeating two demons, this was the ONE thing, I couldn't believe, not that I refused to. My voice was caught in my throat, and I swallowed the forming lump. ".. This.. This isn't real, is it? Jocelynn.. Is that you?"

She smiled softly, stepping forward. With a nod, she reached out with both arms, as if she meant to hug me, but then she dropped. I raced forward, sliding and catching her before she hit the floor. "Hey! Hey, wake up! Jocelynn!" No response, but she was breathing, and sleeping peacefully. She must've been exhausted. I've known her long enough to know if she could do something, she would, and I guess she could've been searching for me all this time. I felt bad, but I couldn't focus on that right now. Picking her up, I moved from the roof, landing weightless on my feet with her on my back, and raced for the drunken wolves that I called my guild.

"You're kidding!" Beowulf watched me as I placed Jocelynn down on one of the tables. "You bought an unconscious prostitute?"

"Are you dumb!" I asked, facing him. "This is- Wait, why is a prostitute the first thing you think of?"

He smirked, "We all remember your fight with Ashley. Lonely man, are you not."
I glared at him, setting his pants aflame at the rims. After he howled and put them out, I sat by Jocelynn, with Cynthia and Zhaniah at my sides. "What happened to her?"