Chapter 53: One Time Magic

Our fists clashed, flames bursting around us. Leonardo and I locked eyes, our cries of power surging through the air. The flames cancelled each other out, and we slid back, gazes locked on one another. I was determined to kill him. No ifs, ands or buts. Nothing would keep me from bringing him down, not now. I was already too determined to finish this, and feeling like his dirtied and used pawn only strengthened my resolve.

"I am honestly surprised. You still have the will to fight me."

"It's not that I'm willing. I just want to find some kind of closure for myself. I'm nothing right now, and I feel like utter crap inside." My eyes lowered, and my body relaxed. "I have no idea what to really think anymore.." Leonardo raised his palm, flames dancing around, before he released them in a twister around me. I covered my face, hair dancing wildly with the flames. The fire died down, a few traces of it singing my clothes. "You're right, my chapter is ending. I'll finish things with you, and I'll take my own life."
"So dark. The Mystical Ruby must be loving this." He smiled, laughing gently. The castle shook, a couple of pieces of the ceiling dropping. "What's going on?"

"Your friend's clock is running out. I'm sure they've run into Father and Luna by now, and without a doubt, the two of them are getting serious." His eyes were locked on mine. "Hehe.. What's the matter? Don't you care about what happens to them?"

I kept my mouth shut. I honestly had no clue if I should or shouldn't. I would've felt terrible, but I just couldn't bring myself to grip any emotions whatsoever. It worried me a bit. Was worry an emotion?

Leonardo charged at me then, flames enveloping him. He lurched his arm forward like a whip, a fireball shooting right for my face. I reacted sharply, flames shooting up in a wall and taking the small ball of combustion full on. Leonardo's arm shot through the flames. "Got ya!" He fingers caught fire, clawing up, catching my left eye. I cried out,clutching my left side, swearing as my entire left field of vision became nothing but black. When I turned back, Leonardo's left fist slammed into my cheek, and I tumbled to the ground, slamming into the rocks behind me. My hand continued clutching my now useless eye, and I looked up at him, breathing low. I could feel the blood seeping through my fingers, and pain rocking through my skull, but ignoring it, I got to my feet, brushing my pants and settled my breath.

Flames seared the wound closed on my eye, and I'd be lucky if it regenerated at all. The blood slowly trickled down my cheek, and I relaxed myself. Leonardo's laugh filled my ears, the sound only echoing the more it went on.

As dead as I felt inside at the moment, hearing him only ticked me off. I wanted to be done with him and his whole sick game. I couldn't live on if he got away, or somehow beat me without killing me. That last one wasn't an option in this case. We were determined to end this, settle the score, stain our hands in each other's blood.

I prefered it this way. I had no idea what I was going to do after all of this, but I'll be glad when it's all over.

"Starting to focus," He commented, eyes locked on me. I could imagine he was thinking of how he'd kill me. His smirk said that was on his mind at the moment. Besides, no one could hide twisted ideas with a smile that crazy. "I can see you realize how helpless you are in this situation." He rose his palm, purgatory flames dancing around me, burning and cutting at my already deep wounds. The physical pain was nothing compared to the mental and emotional damage he just put me through, but that didn't the pain wasn't there. It just felt masked if anything.

"You've put me through a lot.. Even now, I'm still considering letting you just kill me..." I said, biting my lip.

"So why don't you then?" He asked, laughing loudly.

I closed my good eye, the flames continuing to nick at me. Why am I still fighting it? I could let him do away with me and be done with everything. It'd be swift, hopefully, just to drop my guard, all of my defenses and let myself burn to death.