Emotions.

Where Annabeth can only express her emotions by actions, not words.

Annabeth shuffled around the cold school early in the morning when teacher's were supposed to be there, the only reason she was there early was because her mom Athena was a teacher.

Annabeth huffed and sat down in the first room that'd she be in for class, she pulled out her book and started reading even though it was quite difficult for her dew to her dyslexia. But Annabeth pushed through re-reading words again several times before she could turn the page.

By the time she had a chapter down the kids started filing into the hallways, along with her best friend. Percy Jackson.

Percy was a nice kid, might've been a little bit of a troublemaker but Annabeth looked past that. She admired him, he was handsome, nice, and he cared about peoples lives.

The only reason him and her were best friends was because he took the time from his other friends and started to get to know her, in his own special way.

"If yes, blink once, if no blink twice."

Annabeth always thought his ways to get inside of her head were unique. To get to know what she really wanted to say.

Annabeth smiled and leaned on her elbows thinking about his green eyes, sea green. Dark and beautiful, yet vibrant and alive. Let's just say it was Annabeth's favorite color.

Percy usually spent his time out with his other friends like Jason and Nico early in the morning before he spent time with Annabeth. Because once he was with Annabeth he didn't leave her side.

The bell rang and Annabeth heard moans and groans of annoyance as kids filed into the classrooms Percy coming and sitting in his usual spot, in front of Annabeth.

Annabeth sighed inhaling his scent of sea salt, it wasn't strong at all like you would think, just mild and enjoyable.

Annabeth smiled and her mom who was the teacher walked to the front of the room before sighing and starting to lecture them on how the human body works. Annabeth already knew what her mother was talking about so she looked around.

Out the window there were two owls watching her mom and the sun which shone brightly.

Annabeth emotionless turned to the back of Percy's head. She smiled and put her arms out and playing with his raven locks as Percy sighed.

The first time Annabeth did this after they became freinds Percy was asleep. So when she touched his hair he jumped awake and shouted out something about mammals since they were in science class completely embarrassing himself.

Athena looked at them and smiled knowing Annabeth knew what she was talking aboout kept lecturing leaving the two alone, because it was a routine every week.

Percy glanced back at Annabeth and smiled at her. "Hey Wisegirl." He whispered and Annabeth smiled before twirling his hair in between her fingers as he turned his attention towards the teacher again.

Before long the class was over and they were excused to leave for their next class as Athena stood in there smiling at Annabeth and Percy as they walked out together.

Athena knew there was something wrong with her daughter, she knew she had dyslexia, she knew she had aspergers, making it hard for her to communicate, but she was still her daughter and Athena loved her.

Percy as soon as they were out of the classroom flashed Annabeth his troublemaker smile which implied he had a plan going on inside that tiny brain of his.