"I Remember."

Love isn't some game you play. Love is true and pure.

Love is smiling and telling her you love her right after she finishes yelling at you.

Love is cradling her in your arms as she cries out her heart broken.

Love is holding her hair back as she throws up into the toilet.

Love is smiling at her like everything is all right even though she doesn't remember anything of your existence.

Annabeth's eyes flickered open to see a bright light above where she laid in a hospital bed in the horrible dresses that old people in nursing homes wear.

Annabeth squinted and sat up before looking around to see she had an IV in her arm and a man, slumped in a chair his chair his eyes widening as he looked at her.

"You're awake." He smiled and stood up before walking over and grabbing her hand which she promptly jerked away from the stranger.

"Where am I?" She eyed up the room seeing she was in a hospital.

"You're in a hospital Annabeth." He said as if he said the wrong thing he might hurt her.

Annabeth... The name ran through her mind, it was so familiar. Yet so strange like it was from another life.

"Is that my name?" She asked looking at the man with green eyes worriedly. She couldn't remember anything.

Percy's heart cracked, the doctor had told him it was a high possibility that she wouldn't remember anything. But Percy brushed off the idea as if it were impossible that it would happen.

But here he was, standing next to his wife who sat there not even knowing her own name.

"Yes," Percy smiled feeling his eyes get watery. "Annabeth is your name."

Annabeth looked down at the sheets as Percy watched.

"You have a ring.. Who is your wife?"

Percy's heart made a giant leap into his throat, his bottom lip started to quiver before he gently bit it making it stop.

Percy slipped his hand in his pocket and pulled out Annabeth's ring he had been holding since the car accident.

He gently grabbed her left hand and slipped the ring on her finger.

"You are."

Annabeth looked him straight in the eyes.

"Annabeth Jackson."

~~

They signed the papers to leave the hospital and Percy drove Annabeth back to their apartment where they had been living as a couple.

"We have a spare bedroom you can stay in until.... Well..."

Percy looked down and Annabeth grabbed his hand.

"I hope I remember you Percy."

Percy sent a smile of sympathy in her direction and she smiled back before they both got out of the car and went to their apartment.

Percy fixed up the spare bedroom as Annabeth looked around her home that she couldn't remember ever living in.

"The bathroom is across the hall from your bedroom right next to my bedroom which it connects to, just saying. So lock both doors when you go in so I don't accidentally walk in on you late at night." Percy explained as he walked out of her room and hung his coat up near the door which he had forgotten to do when he walked in.