Captive.

You've read those boring overused plot fanfictions where Percy is a merman and Annabeth the land dweller.

Well, I thought I'd switch it around a little.

#unedited

It was all over the news, everywhere you turned there was either a magazine, picture, video, or two normal people talking about what had happened.

The aquarium was packed, the place where Percy worked for extra money in the summer, was swamped. Now it wasn't summer just yet so Percy was out of that job since the manager knew he needed the school months off dealing with mounds of homework and annoying teachers and pupils.

"So, what do you think of the new discovery?" Sally asked as she sat their dinner in front of him in a big bowl since it was spaghetti and meatballs.

"I don't know." Percy said as she got two plates and silverware out before setting them on the table so they could eat.

Sally nodded and put some spaghetti and meatballs on his plate for him to eat since he wouldn't eat anything unless she gave it to him because he didn't enjoy food as much.

He knew that was a problem, but he also knew that he could care less about eating anything.

Percy picked up his fork and slowly started covering it in noodles which his mother had made for them.

"Maybe we'll go see it." Sally proposed cutting up a meatball on her plate as Percy watched before sighing.

"We don't have that kinda money." Percy said setting his fork down after the one bite.

Sally smiled, "That's what you think." She said before standing and going into the next room and grabbing something as Percy watched.

She turned and smiled at Percy before handing him a letter to open.

"Mom, what is-"

"Just open it Perseus." 

Percy froze and nodded knowing that whenever she called him Perseus she wasn't in the mood for arguing.

Percy looked down and slowly opened it before seeing a fifty dollar bill two twenties and a ten dollar bill.

"That should be able to pay for our tickets." Sally said more like a question than a statement.

"Mom, where did you get this?" He asked before looking up at her. 

"Paul gave it to me." She said and Percy groaned "Let me explain. I asked him for it, and I told him that I would pay him back every scent."

"You know Paul won't ever accept anything from us." Percy said knowing Paul's kind ways which were freshening at some moments, and others sickening because of how sweet he was. It made Percy wonder if he wasn't living his life the right way.

"I scheduled it for the early summer. And I was hoping since you'd have a job there by then, maybe you could get us a deal, and lower the price."

Percy nodded, "Of course mom." He said and she smiled at him before reaching over and grabbing his hand squeezing it gently.

"I love you Percy."

Percy looked up at her and smiled, "I love you too."

~~

The crowds had died down by the beginning of summer since it was old news. Time to find something else that everyone believe to not exist .

Today was the day when Sally was taking Percy to the aquarium. Percy was exited since he had never seen it before. He wondered what it looked like.