What He Wants.

Annabeth looked down at her ring before a warm smile spread across her cheeks. Seven years. 

Seven years she had been married to Percy Jackson. Seven years she had dealt with his silly jokes. Seven years she had been living in the same house as the crazy man she loved so dearly. Seven years she had spent sleeping in bed beside him.

She sighed and looked up before seeing Percy walk out of the doctors office looking happy as usual.

Annabeth stood and they both made their way over to one another. "How is doctor Johnson?" Annabeth asked taking Percy's coat and carrying it for him.

"He's good, he's got two little ones now. Daniel and Becky." Annabeth smiled at Percy's words. 

"So uh, are you ok?" Annabeth got to the question and Percy sighed. He had never wanted to come to the doctors office in the first place he thought it was silly. But he had to get things checked and they both knew that.

"I'm ok. I don't have tetanus thankfully." Annabeth smiled and grabbed his hand in her own as they walked out of the doctors office.

"Thank you for agreeing to get checked." Annabeth said and Percy nodded. "You know I'll do anything for you."

Annabeth nodded gently squeezing his hand in hers. "I know, I just hope you know I'd do the same."

Percy was about to nod as they were about to cross the street but he looked up and saw a little girl walking in the middle of the road with no parents.

Percy's keen ears heard the sound of a car horn beep and his head snapped in the direction of the car which was beeping the horn for the little girl to move out of the way.

Percy let go of Annabeth's hand and ran into the middle of the road grabbing the little girl in his arms before running to the other side as the car zipped past them.

Percy panted for a moment before letting out a sigh of relief squeezing the little girl in his arms who seemed to be hugging him back. "You're safe." Percy whispered.

Annabeth ran across the road as some people watched before a man and a woman ran over before pulling their daughter away and hugging her.

"What did I tell you about going ahead of mommy and daddy?" The mom scolded as she hugged her daughter tightly in her arms.

The dad looked at Percy and nodded at him. "Thank you." He said and Percy nodded before training his eyes back on the little girl who was apologizing to her mother.

A few minutes later the family of three left as Percy watched intently Annabeth watching him.

He looked so natural with the little girl in his arms, how he watched the whole family with a wistful look on his face.

Percy stood up and sighed before taking his jacket from Annabeth's arm a smile on his face.

"How 'bout lunch?" He asked and Annabeth smiled before interlocking her arm with him and walking to the nearest restaurant together.

Percy bought her a nice meal and after they ate they walked around New York arms interlocked as they looked around remembering the battles fought there.

"Remember the flying pig?" Percy suddenly asked almost startling Annabeth. A second later she chuckled, "I remember you riding it."

Percy frowned, "It wasn't one of my good days."

Annabeth laughed and kissed her husband's cheek before they found their car and drove back home.

~~