BUFORD!

Throwback to on the Argo II 
(Will switch between Percy and Annabeth's POV without warning)

Percy and Annabeth hadn't gotten much time alone since the return from hell... Tartaurus. The two young lovers had only been starring at each other across the deck of the Argo II with hot passionate gazes. Missing, and want laced intricately through their stares. But no time to themselves was given. Sure they had gone into the stable and slept on each other but nothing more.

They both had been extremely busy with the whole end of the world jazz. Annabeth hated it but she was always needed, as was Percy. They had been separated from each other for so long and yet they still couldn't be together. In the same place, alone just talking and spending quality time. Call Annabeth selfish or a jerk for wanting a few minutes out of doing their best to stop the end of the world.

Call her arrogant for thinking she at least deserved that. They, they deserved that.

The fates had apparently heard her plea because late afternoon Piper was busy talking with Hazel about Frank as they baked some cookies and stuff just for the fun of it. The boys, Jason, Leo, and Frank, were working on the engine and discussing College and about the camps.

Percy's help wasn't needed because he accidentally kept breaking the water pipes soaking everyone. So the boys sent him to do whatever.

Annabeth sat all alone in her room contemplating her thoughts and thinking about fighting strategies as she worked on blueprints for a future house if she lived long enough.

Annabeth surprisingly heard a soft knock on her door through her earbuds. She listened to music while working most of the time. Plus it relieved her stress. And she was pretty stressful at the moment. Annabeth didn't look up before yelling "Come in!" she noticed a mistake and quickly erased it before slowly re-doing it.

The door to her room opened slowly before the man she had been dying to get alone with stepped into her room. Annabeth glanced over and saw him, he looked freshly cleaned like he took a shower a little while ago. His clothes were clean and there was an imprint of a pen inside his pocket which Annabeth often coveted. Women never got good pockets in their pants.

Thinking of pants Annabeth remembered she was still in her underwear from when she had taken a shower. She had forgotten to put a pair of pants on after she put her earbuds in and that blueprint was just too close to ignore. Who needed pants anyways.

Annabeth slowly pulled out her earbuds and smiled gently at Percy. "Hey." She said and Percy gave her that genuine smile but tonight it was hiding a thought. Annabeth could see it straight away.

"Hey Annabeth." Percy said his voice light and aching like he was hiding something. Annabeth nodded to him and knowing what she meant closed the door to her room before walking over to her and sitting next to her on her bed. "Are you ok?" Annabeth asked gently running a hand through his hair after he laid his head on her shoulder.

"Yeah." Percy let out a shaky breath that was barely containing the tears. "I just miss home." Annabeth sighed at the thought of her house, the air conditioner running to keep the house cool in the hot summer. The heater on in the winter. The warm bed she had, her dad. Annabeth couldn't even imagine him missing his mom (who was probably missing him more than anyone knew possible).

Annabeth kissed Percy's forehead. "You wanna help me?" She asked and he looked up into her stormy grey eyes his sea green ones darker than usual. "With what?' He asked and Annabeth smiled scooting back over to her blueprint. "My future house."

"Sure." Percy scooted closer his bare knee pressing up against her thigh making her sigh. "It's not gonna only be your house ya know?" Percy said and Annabeth rolled her eyes.