The Flight.

(Horrible AU where Percy isn't afraid of flying, but Annabeth is. They AREN'T demigods. Also, I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT SWIM CLUBS OR COMPETITIONS SO [please I'm begging] DON'T JUDGE MY LAMENESS. Thank you.)

Annabeth clutched her backpack straps tightly. She was walking into the airport. Aka, her doom.

Annabeth had never flown  before, and she was afraid of flying. But she absolutely had to go because she had joined a swim club and had somehow gotten into nationals, which was in a state across the country so they obviously had to take a plane because.... That would be one terribly long bus ride of car sickness, horrible puns, and nicknames that her friends kept making up which Annabeth had no idea why, but she was fine with it.

Except when they called her Owl Eyes, that was terrible. She didn't even have that big of eyes. They just said it because she was wearing owl earrings and her mom had a pair of pet owls in their house.

Ugh.

Annabeth inhaled deeply the cold air as her and her friends along with the coach and about 6 more adults which supervised and kept the kids out of trouble or kept the opposite sex from being in a room alone together, they all walked to get their bags checked for the flight. Though they wouldn't have much time for the opposite sex to be alone together in a room though because they would be competing a lot. 

Though Annabeth had a hard time keeping the thought of being caught kissing her crush down and not fantasizing about it all day long.

Her crush? Percy Jackson. Best swimmer on the team, he was the fastest, nicest, best at relays, happy, supportive, and hot. All the things a girl can admire.

"You guys seriously haven't flown before?" Lou Ellen asked and the rest of the team nodded. Yeah, 7 team members, 6 haven't flown 1 have. They were all around the ages of 16 and 17.

Lou chuckled, "You're all poor people." She said walking past.

"Oh yeah, thanks Lou, so kind." Rachel chuckled and rolled her eyes at her best friend who chuckled and pushed Rachel gently by her shoulder.

"Hey, just because we haven't flown doesn't mean we're poor." Percy crossed his arms and Rachel laughed Annabeth nodded in agreement.

"I'm not poor, actually my mother owns a very successful business." Annabeth stated proudly putting her nose up a bit hoping to as successful maybe even more successful than her mother.

"Yeah! And I-"

"Alright, that's enough." Mrs. Jackson one of the adult supervisors and Percy's mom said walking up to the talking group of teens.

"Time to board the plane ya'll." Grover said in a fake southern accent making Annabeth shake her head and roll her eyes at his silliness.

"Alright, come on." Sally said pushing them towards the tunnel to the plane. Annabeth was counting each nervous breath.

It was her turn to board the plane and she took a shaky breath, "Once I get on, there's no going back." she breathed and Percy chuckled.

"Doom on you, doom on you, doom on you." He started chanting and Annabeth sent a little warning glare before pushing his shoulder playfully as he boarded the plane before she slowly followed.

She walked inside and the stewardess greeted her with a nod and smile before she went in the rows to find a seat. The plane was packed,  and there wasn't much room in the plane anyways.

Annabeth drew in a breath as everyone found their seats, thankfully Rachel wasn't anywhere in sight. Annabeth couldn't stand that red haired pestilence.