t w o

The next day my dad is busting walker heads, making sure they're dead for good. I didn't get much sleep, and he spent most of the night comforting me when I would awake with nightmares. My crossbow hasn't left my side and at this point I don't think it ever will.

Andrea still lays over Amy, I know she stayed there all night. She's still in the same position with Amy's hand in hers.
When Rick goes to talk to her she pulls a gun on him.

"You can't be serious." My dad says, a pickaxe on resting over his shoulder. "That dead girls a time bomb."

"So what do ya suggest we do then?" Rick says looking at him.

"Take the shot. Shoot her in the brain from here." Dad says pointing to figures to his head. "Hell, I can shoot a turkey clean between the eyes from this distance."

"No." Lori interjects. "For God sakes let her be." Lori sits down on a log looking at the sisters who lay by the RV. Shane gives her a strange look.

My dad spits on the ground and walks off. I follow, maybe I can help make sure the walkers stay dead.

"Wake up Jimbo we got some work to do." My dad tells Jim who is just staring off into the distance. He taps Morales on the shoulder and they start to pick up one of our camp mates and drag him to the fire.

"Woah what are you guys doing?" Glenn asks. "This fire is for geeks! Our people go over there."

"What's the difference." Dad asks obviously pissed. Maybe I'll just go hang out with Carol and Sophia for the time being. After a few more words are exchanged my dad starts yelling. "Y'all left my brotha for dead! You had this comin!"
I start to follow him once more when Jaqui starts yelling.

"A walker bit him!" She yells. "A walker bit Jim!"

I stop in my tracks as my dad turns around and picks up his pickaxe.

"Show us!" He yells. Jim picks up a shovel and I'm pulled back by Carol. T-dog restrains Jim and my dad lifts up his shirt. A walker bite lays underneath.

"I'm okay, I'm okay." Jim says. "I'm okay."

~~~

"I say we put a pick axe in his brain, the girls too, be done with it." Dad says to the group while I lean against him.

"That what you'd want if it where you?" Shane asks.

"Hell yeah!" He says. I look up at him. I can't imagine my father dying, I'd have no one. "And I'd be thanking ya while you did it."

I grab his hand and squeeze it tightly, breathing heavily. He squeezes mine back. My dad walks away, yelling about something and about to put a pick axe in Jim's brain. Rick pulls his gun on him.

"Hey!" I scream, my body trembling.

"We don't kill the living." Rick says. The gun still trained on my fathers head.

"Please stop!" I whisper. Carol places her hand on my shoulder and I squeeze it, calming down a little bit.

"Funny." My dad snaps. "Coming from the man pointing a gun at my head. Willing to kill me in front of my own daughter."

Rick looks at me but doesn't put the gun down. He turns his attention back to my dad.

"We may disagree on somethings, but not this." Shane says. "Put it down."