t h i r t y s e v e n

Around two days later, I'm feeling a lot better and Hershel even thinks that I can leave the cell block seeing as I'm no longer: vomiting, coughing, choking, unable to to breathe and all of my other symptoms have cleared up. But, he wants me to take it easy, meaning I'm not allowed to farm or go out on runs until I'm back up to full strength. 

Currently I'm sitting in my bed in my cell that I share with Carl. He brought a stack of comic books for me to catch up on along with two bottles of water, some tea, and an old chocolate bar. 

"You shouldn't need to get up anytime soon," He said shrugging as he brought me the items. "You need to rest and regain your strength." 

"Yes Dr. Grimes" I say with a fake chuckle. 

"I'm glad you're okay." He says hugging me. "It was scary not having my sidekick."

"If anything you're the sidekick cowboy." I giggle hugging him back before replying sarcastically.. "but yeah, I'm strangely happy I'm not dead."

"Oh shut-" He's cut off by an explosion.  We look at each other before grabbing our respective weapons and racing out the prison doors. We run to the fence only for Rick to yell at us to get back. One of the watchtowers is burning.

Looking out past the fence, we see a group of cars and in the middle of them a large vehicle that is definitely a tank. Standing on top of that tank is the man who's already caused us so much pain. The Governor.

"Rick!" He yells and the blood in my veins runs cold. "Come down here, we need to talk."

He obviously knows he has the upper hand, I mean the man has a fucking tank!  

"It's not up to me!" Rick yells back as the rest of us stand behind him frozen in place. "There's a council now! They run this place!"

"Is Hershel on the council?" He signals to a woman and Hershel is brought out of a red truck with his hands behind his back and forced to his knees. Maggie and Beth hold on to each other at the sight of their father. "What about Michonne? She on the council too?" 

"I don't make decisions anymore!" Rick yells again.

"You're making the decisions today Rick." The governor tells him. "Come down here and let's have that talk." 

Hesitantly Rick looks around before entering the field in order to give the governor what he wants. He's playing some sick mind game. The only thing separating them is the fence. He could knock it down if he wanted to, he's done it before. 

"We can't take 'em all on." Dad tells Sasha. "We'll go through the admin building and through the woods like we planned. We ain't got the numbers no more. When's the last time someone checked the stash on the bus?"

"Day before we hit the big spot." Sasha tells him "We were running low on rations then, we're running lower now."

"We'll manage." Dad decides. "Things go south, everyone head for that bus. Let everybody know."

"What if everybody doesn't know when things go bad?" Tyresse asks."How long do we wait?" 

"As long as we can." Dad says walking towards a bin of guns and slowly hands them out to everyone in order to not draw attention to ourselves. I sling my crossbow on my back as he hands one to me. 

"We gotta do something." Carl says from the other side of my dad. 

"Your dad's got it." Dad tells him. We all have our guns up and ready to fire should things hit the fan.

"They're talking, we could kill the governor right now."Carl tells him. 

"From 50 yards?" I question. "Carl I love you but that's not going to happen, things will only escalate faster, we need to play this safe."