t w e l v e

"Cherokee Rose Dixon, wake up." Dad says nudging my shoulder. I peek my eyes open just a bit and wince from the light.

"Okay, I'm up! I'm up." I say sitting up and yawning while looking at my father.

"Finally. You were out." He says.

"Haven't slept much lately." I state rubbing my eyes.

"Can't disagree with that." He murmurs before speaking up. "I'm going with some the others to look for Rick, Glenn, and Hershel. Stay by the house okay? Don't go wandering off."

I nod before grabbing my knife and attaching it to my belt before getting out of the tent, dad following me. He pats my shoulder and heads over to the vehicle I assume they'll take to find the others.

I head to the house and sit down on the front porch steps, enjoying the heat of the sun on my skin. It's only a matter of time before I open my eyes to the sound of a car pulling into the farm while everyone who was inside the house comes out. Rick gets out of the car and Carl runs over giving him a hug.

When Hershel gets out he simply tells Patricia to get the she'd ready for surgery and keeps walking towards his home. Glenn has a solemn expression on his face and something tells me that they saw things no one should have to see while they were gone.

"Are you crazy?" Rick asks once Shane explains how Lori went out and was in a car accident looking for him.

"Who the Hell is that?" T-dog speaks up pointing to the back of the car. Everyone looks over to see a boy with blindfold over his eyes. He seems unconscious, or close to it anyways.

"That's Randall." Glenn says and everyone starts walking towards the boy.

When Rick tells everyone that we're going to have a meeting I don't hesitate to join. For the first time in forever I'm actually wanting answers.

"We couldn't just leave him behind." Rick says. "He would've just bled out, if he lived that long."

"It's gotten bad in town." Glenn says quietly.

"What do we do with him?" Andrea asks shrugging her shoulders. Before we can get the answer to her question, Hershel comes in, explaining what he did with Randal's leg, he won't be able to do anything for a week.

"When he is we'll give him a canteen, take him out to the main road and send him on his way." Rick states, if only it were that simple.

"Isn't that the same as leaving him for the walkers?" Andrea asks as my dad steps into the house. She's right, why should we waste the medical supplies on him when we're just going to feed him to the walkers?

"He'll have a fighting chance." Rick tells her.

"Just gonna let'em go?" Shane asks. "He knows where we are." Leave it to captain obvious.

"He was blindfolded the whole way here." Rick reassures him. "He's not a threat."

"Not a threat? How many of them were there?" Shane asks like a smart ass. "You killed three of their men, you took one of them hostage, but they just ain't gonna come looking?"

"They left him for dead." Rick snaps at him. "No one is looking."

"We should still post a guard." T-dog speaks up from his spot next to Patricia and Andrea.