f o u r t y o n e

trigger warning: Joe's gang shows up in this one, and there's brief description of what almost happens to Carl so if you're uncomfortable with that PLEase just skip this chapter.

---

"I think we got about a day's worth of water left." Rick tells us but we aren't listening. Instead, we balance on the railroad tracks, trying to see who lasts the longest. "We're lucky it's cooled off a little bit but, what are you doing?" 

"Winning a bet." Carl says.

"In your dreams." Michonne says. 

"Come on guys I haven't wobbled once." I say laughing. "I'll be the winner of this."

"I'm still on." Carl tries to reach out and push Michonne but he wobbles himself.

"Spoke too soon wise guy." Michonne laughs.

"This might go on a while." Rick says walking back to meet us. "Maybe we can speed this up?"

"Yeah you're right." Michonne says. "We shouldn't be fooling around, we should probably, Carl!" 

Her plan doesn't work and she falls off the tracks along with me. I'll admit, her yelling did scared me. 

"I win." Carl says and Michonne pulls the candy out of her bag. "Pay up. Is that really the last big cat?"

"Oh come on." Michonne whines as he takes the big cat from her hands. 

"Hey, but you said winners choice."

"Go ahead take it, it's yours." She says throwing the other candy bar into her backpack. "You won it, fair and square."

Carl splits the big cat into three pieces and hands us each a piece. "Come on, we always share." 

"Fork it over cowboy." I say taking my piece.

---

"On a scale of 1 to 10, how hungry are you?" Rick asks us tending to a fire. 

"15." Carl says.

"28." Michonne says with a  raise of her brow.

"33." I tell him as he looks at me.

"Yeah," Rick says pouring some 'soup' into 4 cups for all of us."Well, it's been awhile. I'm gonna go check the snares."

"Can I go with you?" Carl asks his dad.

"Well, how else are you gonna learn. Hey you guys too" He says to Michonne and I. We both get up and follow him. I already know how to set most snares, I mean my dad taught me when I was younger. "We'll stay another day or two, get some more rest."

"Finish healing up?" Michonne asks directly to Rick. His injury's are almost gone, but they're still present.

"I'm almost there." He says.

"We're close now, right?" Carl asks.

"To Terminus? Yeah."

"When we get there, are we gonna tell them?" Carl asks slowly. 

"Tell them what?" Michonne speaks up from next to me. 

"Everything that's happened to us. All the stuff we've done. Are we gonna tell them the truth?" Carl explains. 

"We're gonna tell them who we are." Rick nods. 

"But how do you say that? I mean who are we?" 

Our conversation is cut short by walkers appearing. Michonne kills them all. What a badass.

"There we go!" Rick exclaims walking towards the snare he set up. "It's a small one, it'll do."