n i n e

One of the best things about the farm is that it hasn't been contaminated by walkers. It's still standing and if I was here at the start I probably wouldn't even know that the world had ended. I watch as Carol makes breakfast for the group and she gives my dad and I some eggs before going back to the fire and making more. 

Glenn stands up awkwardly and addresses the group. "Um, guys?" Everyone gives him some point of their attention and he fiddles with his hands. "So, the barn's full of walkers." He sure has everyone's attention now. I've stopped eating and I now look at the Asian man with wide eyes. The whole group gets up, leaving there food and walking to the barn. 

My dad makes sure I stay behind him, as if the walkers will bust down the doors at any moment. Shane walks up to one of the holes and looks inside. There's moaning coming from the barn and I realize that maybe no where is safe from walkers. Shane walks away from the barn huffing out his shoulders and he has an angry look on his face. Not that it's new though.

"You cannot tell me you're alright with this." He says to Rick.

"No I'm not,  but we're guests here this isn't our land." Rick reminded him of the fact that this is Hershel's land.

Shane didn't care though. "This is our lives!" He yelled.

"Lower your voice."  Glenn told him. He was right as the walkers started to come closer to the doors of the barn. 

"We can't just sweep this under the rug." Andrea pointed out. She's right, you can't just ignore the fact that walkers are being contained about 50 yards  from where you sleep.

"It ain't right, remotely." Shane says before making a plan and pacing around. "Okay, we've either got to go in there, we've got to make things right or we've just got to go. Now we've been talking about Fort Benning for a long time." 

Why does he want to go to Fort Benning so bad? We saw what happened at the CDC, it was over run, even the army.

"We can't go!" Rick tells him.

"Why, Rick? Why?" Shane's testing him now, he's always wanted to get Rick to crack.

"Because my daughter's still out there." Carol speaks up cautiously. 

"Okay," Shane is about to burst. I don't know when but I think all of us can see it. "Okay, I think it's time that we all start to just consider the other possibility." 

As much as I hate to say it he might be right, but I'm not going to accept that possibility until we find Sophia's corpse or we find her alive. She was still my best friend on level's that I couldn't be with Carl. Not just the fact that we are both girls, that doesn't matter. 

"We aren't leaving Sophia behind!" I speak up.

"I'm close to finding this girl!" Dad reminds Shane stepping in front of Carol and I. "I just found her damn doll two day's ago."

"You found her doll, Daryl." Shane stated. "That's what you did you found a doll." 

"You don't know what the hell your talking about." He tells Shane swinging his arm to the side. 

"I'm just saying what needs to be said." Shane proclaimed before Rick interjected by putting a hand in front of my dad keeping a fight from breaking out. But Shane continues on rambling about getting leads before Rick try's and get's him to stop. "Let me tell you something else man. If she was alive out there and saw you coming all methed out with your buck knife and geek ears around your neck, she would've run the other direction." 

That's when my dad snaps. He goes to lunge at Shane but other's hold him back and I grab his hand keeping him from going at him again. He just looks at me before snatching his hand back and looking at the woods with his hands on his hips. I stare at him for a moment before I look at Carol. She gives a small half smile but it doesn't reach her eyes. Dale interrupts my thoughts when he mentions that Hershel still sees the walkers as people.