t w e n t y e i g h t

Sometime later on, Carl runs into the cellblock screaming something about Andrea. Apparently, she's back. Some of the adults in the group grab their weapons and huddle around the car while Carl and I are told to stay in the gated area protected by the wooden pallets with our weapons.

Andrea walks up to our gates with a walker. The adults in the courtyard spread out and after deciding the woods surrounding us are clear meet Andrea at the gate. When she comes in, Rick shoves her against the fence with her hands up before patting her down in search of weapons.  When a walker gets to friendly she screams and Rick moves her down to the floor.  Her bag is taken from her and Carl and I join our fathers in the courtyard.

"Welcome back." Rick greets after the not so friendly introduction. "Get up."

The entire group finds themselves in our kitchen, it's silent as Andrea and Carol hug. I sit at my dads feet while he sits on the table. Merle is leaning against a railing with an upset look on his face. 

"After you saved me, we thought you were dead." Carol says.

"Hershel my god." Andrea says looking at the old man who is now missing a leg. "I can't believe this. Where's Shane? And Lori?"

"She had a girl, she didn't survive." Hershel says while Rick looks down at the mention of his late wife.

"Neither did T-dog." Maggie says.

"I'm so sorry." Andrea says looking around at us. I'll admit, we look like we've seen better days. "Carl... Rick I-" She attempts to clear the air of the heavy topics being brought up. "You all live here?"

"Here and the cell block." Glenn answers.

"There?" She asks pointing to our doors. "Well can I go in?"

"I won't allow that." Rick speaks up.

"I'm not an enemy Rick."

"We had that field and courtyard until your boyfriend tore down the fence with a truck and shot us up."

"He said you fired first."

"Well he's lying."

"He killed an inmate who survived in here." Hershel speaks up.

"We liked him. He was one of us." Dad says from behind me.

"Killed right in front of us." I say agreeing with my father. 

"I didn't know anything about that." Andrea says playing with her shirt collar. "As soon as I found out, I came. I didn't even know you were in Woodbury until after the shoot-out."

"That was days ago." Glenn tells her.

"I told you, I came as soon as I could. What have you told them?" She asks turning to Michonne.

"Nothing." Michonne responds. 

"I don't get it, I left Atlanta with you people, and now I'm the odd man out?" Andrea's voice raises.

"He almost killed Michonne and he would have killed us." Glenn tells her. 

"With his finger on the trigger." Andrea yells pointing at Merle. "Isn't he the one who kidnapped you? Who beat you? Look, I cannot excuse or explain what Philip has done. But I am here trying to bring us together. We have to work this out." 

"There's nothing to work out." Rick says taking a step towards the blond. "I don't know how or when, but we will."

"We can settle this." Andrea tells him. "There is room at Woodbury for all of you."

"It's too late." I speak up. "Too much damage has been done, even if we wanted to, we've lost hope of being neighbors."

"You know better than that." Merle chuckles.