f o u r t y t h r e e

Dad pushed me behind his back harshly. Keeping me out of sight from the woman and others on the opposite side of the train car. All the while, his hand remains on my arm. Hesitantly, the woman steps forward, closer to my dad.

"Daryl is that you?" She asks again. Dad's grip tightens on me. 

"You know Elisa?" Glenn asks confused. Who the hell is Elisa?

"Yeah I know 'er." Dad grunts unhappily. At that moment, I sneeze. The dust in the train car triggered it and Elisa goes to look behind Dad and once again he pushes me further behind him, as if to block me from the woman but it's too late. 

"Who's this?" She asks getting too close to us for comfort.

"I don't think that's any of your concern." Rick interjects sensing the discomfort radiating from my father and I. "Now Abraham, what were you saying about there people? The rest of you, make anything you can into a weapon."

"They seemed nice enough, but I was ready to go." Abraham tells him, he's the big bulky ginger guy. "We just got here, but damn, I was ready to go. When I told them about DC, a wink and a nod from the head asshole in charge, the pulled the guns and it was back to our regularly scheduled shitstorm."

While the others talk, I sit down, taking my knife out of my shoe. Handing it to my dad he shakes his head. "That's for you to protect yourself, I'll be okay."

After a couple hours or so, there's really no way to tell time when you can't see the sun in the train car. We begin to hear voices coming towards us. 

"Alright, got four of them pricks coming our way." Dad says peering through a crack in the wall. 

"Y'all know what to do." Rick says walking towards the door and away from the wooden stake he was making. "Go for their eyes first then their throats."

We ready up into a fighting stance at the entrance of the train car, waiting for it to open. A man's voice begins to talk to us. 

"Put your backs to the walls on either side of the car now." None of us listen, why would we? Then footsteps are heard on the roof and I look up just in time to see it opening and the men drop something in.  

"Move!" Abraham and Dad grabs my shoulder bringing me to the floor and covering myself with his body. Was it something that bad?

We're surrounded by smoke and the door opens, and men with gas masks come in taking some of our people with them. Once the smoke clears I look around. It's hard because whatever they dropped makes my vision blurry. It makes me sleepy and I drop my head passing out.

"Where's my dad?" I ask when I awaken looking around for the silhouette of my father only I don't find him. 

"Where's mine?" Carl asks frantically and that's when I notice that Dad, Rick, Glenn and Bob are all gone. 

"Isn't it obvious?" Abraham asks. "The bastards took them." 

---

About an hour later an explosion occurs and the ground shakes beneath me. Quickly the one's who remain in the train car get up and all try to peer outside one of the cracks. 

"What the hell is going on?" Abraham growls hitting the steel door.

"Someone hit them." Michonne says. 

"Maybe our people got free." Tara says.

"Excuse me." Eugene says pushing Tara and Sasha out of the way. He kneels in front of the door with something in his hands.

"What the hell are you doing?" Rosita asks him. 

"I might be able to use this shell to compromise the door." He says. Damn, the guys pretty smart. Apparently he has the cure for all of this. "From the sound of things, there may not be anybody left to open it."