Part 18: "She's Mine"

(Kells POV)

"Alaina answer your goddamn phone!" Lexi shouted before hanging up. "No answer?" I asked. "Nope." She said before almost punching a wall. "Why does this have to be happening now?!?" I rubbed her back gently. "Do you want to fly back to Philly, I'll pay." She looked at me. "You don't have to do that.." I smiled. "But I want to, I'll have Ash book a flight for you to head back tomorrow, we should be getting back to Cleveland some time tonight." She smiled and kissed me. "Thanks, and sorry I won't be able to tour around Cleveland with you." "Don't worry about that, we can do that another time, just focus on keeping your family safe." Her phone rang, she quickly picked it up. "Alaina?!"

(Lexi POV)

"No its Haley, are you ok?" My heart was racing. "Yeah I'm fine, where's Alaina?" "She's right here, look I need you to do one thing." I could hear that she was in a panic. "What?" I asked. "Don't come home, its a trap." My eyes widened. "What? How? What about my family?!" I heard her get quiet and the sound heavy breathing. She started whispering. "Just don't do it... please, I'll call you later." I tried to say something but then she hung up. "Who was it?" Kells asked. "Haley." He looked confused. "Well what did she say?" He asked worriedly. "To not come home... she said its a trap." Ash came running in. "Guys listen to this, my phone just started beeping, its a warning from the Pennsylvania State Prison." She put it on speaker phone. "A prisoner by the name of Ryan Galvarez has escaped on March 23 we are warning everyone to stay home or in a safe place. This man is very dangerous and is likely to be in the state of Pennsylvania, Ohio, New Jersey, Maryland, Virginia and New York. We are asking that you keep a look out and if you have any tips that yo...." The next thing I knew me and Kells' phones were beeping and it was saying the same thing. This made my heart race even more.

-

We arrived in Cleveland, the tour bus pulled up in front of Ash's house and we all headed inside. No one had any energy left. All last night every single one of our phones kept going off with that message from the Pennsylvania State Prison. It got to the point where we all agreed on sticking our phones in a bag and throwing them out the window but then realized we would have to pay for new ones and no one feels like doing that. I had Cassie in my arms asleep while Kells carried all of our stuff inside. As soon as I got in I headed back to Kells' room and passed out on his bed with Cassie.

(Kells POV)

I walked in my room and saw that Lexi was asleep next to Cassie. I smiled and covered them both up. As I went to go walk out of the room Lexi's phone started ringing but she didn't move one bit. I walked over and picked it up, the Caller ID said Alaina. 'Kells don't do it... don't answer the damn phone.' I kept saying that to myself but curiosity got the best of me and I hit answer. "Lexi?" I heard a familiar voice say. "No this is MGK, Lexi is sleep right now. Who is this?" I asked. "This is Haley, look I need you to tell Lexi something when she wakes up." "Sure what is it?" I looked at Lexi one more time. "That the whole assault of her dad and robbery and shit, that was all Ryan. He told her dad to say it was you two and that's why you guys were arrested. Also I need you to tell her that her family is safe with me. I have a house in Santa Monica where we are staying and the community it's in is heavily guarded." I took a deep breath. "Okay, is that it?" I asked. "Yeah, thanks MGK you're the best." I smiled. "No problem." She hung up and I put her phone down. "Who was that?" I almost had a heart attack when she said that. "Jesus fucking Christ you scared the hell out of me." Lexi chuckled. She looked completely exhausted. "When did you wake up?" I asked her. "Just a second ago. Who was that." She asked again. "It was Haley." I saw Lexi's eyes widen when I said that. "What did she say." "That your family is safe and that everything that we're being charged with in Virginia was all Ryan's doing. Everything's fine... just go back to bed." I walked over and kissed her forehead. She laid back down and I walked out the room. I headed into the living room and saw that everyone was either passed out on the floor or the couch. I chuckled and decided I should handle some business while everyone was asleep so I pulled out my phone and called somebody. After a few rings someone picked up. "Colson. I've been waiting to hear back from you. Do you want some more of the 'stuff'?" I frowned. "No.. but I do want you to meet me by our usual meet up spot, in the alley. I'll be in the gray hoodie." I hung up and looked back at everyone. I grabbed Ash's keys before walking out and locking the door behind me.

(Unknown POV)

I shoved the gun in my pocket and continued walking down the street. I was out of breath from running. It was snowing heavily and I had my hood up so I was nearly unrecognizable. I spotted the car and smiled. "Finally." I mumbled to myself. I jogged up the street and looked around to make sure no one was watching me. I headed around the side of the house and peaked into the only room with the light on. I wiped away the snow on the window and saw a girl with familiar tattoo on her upper right back. 'EST Till The Death Of Me.' A smile crept up on my face. "Gotcha." I heard a door slam and my eyes widened. I hid behind the bush near me and looked over to see that car I spotted pulling away from the house. I waited till the car was far away enough from the house to leave. I looked back and chuckled. "She's mine."

(Kells POV)

I pulled up on 5th street and turned off the car. "You can do this Kells, you can do this, it's for Lexi." I took a deep breath before pulling my hood over my head and grabbing my Starbucks coffee and getting out of the car. I walked through the un-shoveled sidewalks for a few blocks before seeing that familiar building. I started having flashbacks of all the good and bad times I've had at that building. I saw a figure of what look to be a person standing in the alley. I took a sip of my coffee and headed across the street towards the building.

I walked over and there he was. "Colson, you made it. I was starting to think you ditched." I chuckled. "Stop calling me that, you know my damn name." He laughed. There was a awkward silence for a minute. "Look Aaron..." He cut me off. "You don't want anything to do with it anymore?" I raised a brow. "How'd you know." He chuckled before lighting up a cigarette. "I just know... I've been in this business for a long time, you start to learn things after while." I smiled and took a sip of my coffee. "So how long you been clean?" He asked me. "6 or 7 weeks. I relapsed about 2 months ago and almost did it again last week, but I've gotten through." He took a puff of his cigarette, "Good good, I want to see you do a lot more with your life. We've been through a lot. I'm proud of you man." I smiled. "Thanks man." I looked up at this building. "Man we've had some good time at this place. Can't believe its been 10 years." Aaron turned around to look at it. "Yeah man, remember when we dared Ryan to jump out window when we were high and he broke his ankle that day." He started laughing but I was confused. "What?" I asked. "Oh yeah. You were talking to Slim that day, I think that's when ya'll met." He chuckled. "No I remember you daring someone to jump out of the window but who's Ryan?" I asked. "Ryan Galvarez, he was always that kid with the buzz cut and ripped clothes. He moved to PA a few years ago to be with his girlfriend or something but people keep saying he's in prison now. It's funny though cause I just seen him downtown an hour ago." Ryan Galvarez. Where the hell did I hear that name before? I kept thinking about where I heard that name.

(Flashback) Last Night

"Who was it?" I asked. "Haley." I was confused. "Well what did she say?" I asked worriedly. "To not come home... she said its a trap." Ash came running in. "Guys listen to this, my phone just started beeping, its a warning from the Pennsylvania State Prison." She put it on speaker phone. "A prisoner by the name of Ryan Galvarez has escaped on March 23 we are warning everyone to stay home or in a safe place. This man is very dangerous and is likely to be in the state Pennsylvania, Ohio, New Jersey, Maryland, Virginia and New York."

(End of Flashback)

My eyes widened. "Wait you said you saw him downtown an hour ago?" I asked. "Yeah. I was heading into this corner store when I saw him walking across the street. I called his name but he just looked at me and took off running. I guess he didn't remember me." My heart started pounding in my chest. "Where did it look like he was heading?" I asked. "He was running straight down Cumberland Ave. but then he turned on South St. so I don't know." I turned around and ran back for the car. My heart pounded as His words kept replaying in my head. "He turned around on South St. so I don't know." I sped down the road in a panic because Ash's apartment is on South Street.

Uh oh. Shits getting real. What do you think is going to happen. Oh yeah, you guys are going to be in for a real surprise in the next one or two chapters. Comment what you think will happen and don't forget to rate. This story is almost at 1,000 views. Im sooo happy. I freaken love you guys so much. Thanks for everything. :)

-Marinah